• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. ryanneptune

Sunbeam 2000 build

Very cool Would be worth picking up just to store
  2. ryanneptune

Always In Motion

Always In Motion
  3. ryanneptune

Sunbeam 2000 build

4. ryanneptune

Sunbeam 2000 build

5. ryanneptune

Southern Calif Association of Tiger Owners Invitation

Big Bear is perfect it’s a frequent destination for us already... this next year shall be way different as I’m really looking forward to the autocross again...won’t have gummed up injectors... after the auto cross in sacto the first lap I found something odd was happening although I got faster...
  6. ryanneptune

Sunbeam 2000 build

Right now I’m twinned with a 28 feeding a 40 but I might just take it back to the 28 only as I don’t like the fabrication look and the wastegate is weird with both but the power is all time spooling under the 3k range until you force the ecu to think differently
  7. ryanneptune

Sunbeam 2000 build

Ya that engine with the right tune and the right turbo is what makes it such a common short track racer these days having the ecu tuner give you all the options without breaking the motor and if I do pop the motor it would take 4 hours to swap a new one and with 2 step tuning it’s scary fast off...
  8. ryanneptune

Sunbeam 2000 build

I was trying to squeeze it into a back room of my shop a few years ago and I already had my grandpas 1926 model T in there and I was trying to to do without anyone helping and bumped into my tool box
  9. ryanneptune

Alpine V Mod... Dropped in an 285 HP S2K

Yes these are same as Doolittle’s, Bill hooked me up with these... this engine swap actually was Martin’s brainchild that he goated me into and could not be happier
  10. ryanneptune

Depends what you mean by creative... I creatively built a schematic first and a subsequent entire harness that hooked directly into every original mechanic gauge in the cluster found was not hard to do actually if you know how to read and work a computer... I bought a special ecu tuner cost me...
  11. ryanneptune

Ya 105 degree day and she still run absolutely perfect with the electric fan ZERO need to do anything like you suggest on keeping her cool that engine is efficient and the electric fan kick on as I set it at 205 and it rarely goes on...and its now roughly roughly 600HP and I say that because I...
  12. ryanneptune

Sunbeam 2000 build

Yes it was from Boise, Idaho actually... and its now roughly roughly 600HP after the turbo and I say that because I tuned each gear now separately to keep the wheels from spinning "too" much 1st gear has no more than 350HP and each gear jumps near 100HP. it runs 50/50 front to back wheels. I...
  13. ryanneptune

No worries and thank you. I will make adjustments as needed. Engine is fully equipped with blue driver vehicle monitoring that uploads to my phone in real time while I am driving and I can pull reports anytime needed and set perimeters just in case, but not too worried the unit is spec'd to keep...
  14. ryanneptune

Not sure what you are asking on stripping the Ford floor...
  15. ryanneptune

That’s awesome... For sure... I’m lucky to have kids that “seem” to Love me, the car and my Dads love for the sunbeam! Super fun teaching them to tig and fab and lucky to have a shop second to none... never thought they’d love the car like my Dad did but they are stoked to be keeping it clean as...
  16. ryanneptune

Im just a stupid snowboarder with a couple of awesome 17 year old kids who were dying to see me do it in memory of their Papa
  17. ryanneptune

Would be wicked easier next time for sure but to be honest this was only several days of configuration to make it all work... but even then it does not make sense anyone would transplant another dash that’s just laziness heck the whole car runs off my iPhone right now (Bluetooth mind you) as a...
  18. ryanneptune

Thank you....Shifter mod was a tad more ghetto than I’d usually do on something was not meant to be permanent it’s just some stainless I had laying around and plan to make it a bit more ergonomic and retro, just less stale so to speak
  19. ryanneptune

I feel blessed my shop is around 3000 square feet and kids and I have a lot of fun building weird stuff...