• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 90days

Longer Lug Bolts for the Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger

I'll contact him for the length and pricing. If anyone else is looking for longer wheel studs, maybe we could make a group purchase at a discount? I was thinking about replacing the studs on my rear axle, so I could use a couple sets. I’ll post the information and with his permission his eBay...
  2. 90days

Longer Lug Bolts for the Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger

Hey Dan, I purchased 2 set of longer wheel studs back in May 2019 from an eBay seller in United Kingdom. I send him a message and he still has studs available to sell. They were pricy with shipping back in 2019. If you are still looking, I can check on exact length and prices. Let me know Tony
  3. 90days

Alpine Tachometer

I have a full set of gauges from my V series if you still need them. I went will a set of Speed hut gauges. Let me know!
  4. 90days

Convertible Top Recommendations ?

Looking for some opinions and recommendations for a convertible Top for my 1966 SV. There are several venders who offer tops and this is as some would say, my first rodeo with convertible tops. Any suggestions on venders or material type would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tony
  5. 90days

Holley 4 barrel on a V6 - Care and Feeding

Just a suggestion, you should have adjustable floats on top of the 390 CFM carburetor and you can unscrew the needle valves and seats and check for blockage. You will need to readjust your float heights after you get it running. Or you can unscrew the two float bowls to check. If you didn’t...
  6. 90days

Sunbeam Alpine longer wheel studs

I found and purchased these longer wheel studs from a vendor on ebay in the United Kingdom. They are pricey but they saved me having to re-drill my hubs to accept a different knurling. I just wanted to pass on this information to anyone looking for longer wheel studs with the correct knurling...
  7. 90days

V6 tune up tips

A Monte Carlo Bar would fix any concerts about flex on the frontend. You might be able retro fit one from an early Mustang or just custom fabricate one from scratch. Might be a project for Dan to add to his custom parts inventory?
  8. 90days

Amazing new transmission

Do you know if it come in a five speed hyper-boost with triangulating overdrive that is compatible to 28L V6?
  9. 90days

Sparkplugs 2.8L V6

Looking for some input on sparkplugs for the 2.8L V6. I was wondering if anyone had any decent results with a particular type of plug and or brand. Thanks Tony
  10. 90days

Spax shocks

These are the KYB shocks I installed, however my car is still on jack stands so I’m unable to assess their performance at this time. $90.18 free shipping ebay. I did change out the lower bushing on the front shocks with Energy suspension shock bushing 9.8147G $8.12 free shipping ebay...
  11. 90days

V6 Cologne information

These links should answer your questions. http://v6alpine.blogspot.com/p/sunbeam-alpine-ford-28l-conversion.htmlhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/13vKZ9JhB0vO8p2PrMl1x1qfCxh17xJIg_KCIo7HeFok/edit?ts=5a51997d
  12. 90days

SV Battery

My original cable looks to be around 2 gauge or even 4 gauge? It’s not 1 gauge for sure. Most aftermarket relocation kits offer 1 or 2 gauge cables. The size depends on your current draw and the total length of your cable. I plan on using 2 gauge cable when I relocate my battery to the...
  13. 90days

SV Battery

The positive battery cable that was removed from my Series V is 9’8”or 116”long. This was from the battery box to, I’m assuming to the starter solenoid. Hope this helps.
  14. 90days

Combining Electrical Circuits

The best and safest way to wire an electric fuel pump is to use a relay circuit between your pump and your ignition switch. You should also install an inertia or oil pressure switch that will cut electrical power to the fuel pump in case of an accident and you’re unable to turn off the ignition...
  15. 90days

Rebel Wiring Harness

This might help. Rebel Instruction pdf. http://www.mikestoys.co.uk/uploads/1/0/9/8/10989662/instruction_booklet.pdf
  16. 90days

On dash left-right directional switch.

Here’s another option to look at for turn signals. There are serval venders who offer similar modules, Speedway Motors and Autoloc. The Self Canceling Turn Signal Module™ is an electronic flashing relay that is meant to completely replace your existing mechanical flashing relay(s), or be a...
  17. 90days

Back on line

Have a Merry Christmas, a joyful New Year and welcome back Charles!:)
  18. 90days

oil filter mount

I like your idea of the remote oil filter and I’m also installing a remote Filter and an aftermarket oil cooler on my Series V. I have an adapter similar to yours and running AN 90 elbows off the adapter to clear the exhaust. Ebay has several fairly modestly priced kits that would work. Not...
  19. 90days

Hood Latch Pin

Looking for an Alpine Series V Hood Latch Pin & Spring.
  20. 90days

Stepping on toes.

Charles, our forum is a small community of gearheads who for some unknown reasons we have gravitated to this little British sport car. We share our knowledge, common interests and that is also part of sharing our life experiences. Life depends on the sharing of information, wisdom and from...