• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 8

Overdrive Solenoid Adgustment

Yes the solenoid does move the leaver when the car is in 3rd or 4th gear and you use the switch on the steering column. It disengages if you move the gear selector over to 1st or second so I think my electrics are all good. My photo is with the switch on the steering column off and when switched...
  2. 8

Overdrive Solenoid Adgustment

I’m trying to get my overdrive working on my Series II so thought I would check the solenoid alignment as described in the workshop manual to check the holes align. I have attached a copy of the diagram in the manual and a photo of the solenoid lever on my car. You will see in my photo that...
  3. 8

Overdrive solenoid removal

I’m also trying to get my overdrive working on my Series II so thought I would check the solenoid alignment as described in the workshop manual to check the holes align. I have attached a copy of the diagram in the manual and a photo of the solenoid lever on my car. You will see in my photo that...
  4. 8

Cantrails for Series II

Thanks so much, that is a great help. I can see just what I need to do. Dean.
  5. 8

Cantrails for Series II

Thanks for you speedy replies, I can see two holes each side on the soft top frame header so guess that's the place for the turn buckles. Pretty obvious to use turn buckles now that you have pointed it out. Don't suppose you know if there should also be webbing each side between the soft top...
  6. 8

Cantrails for Series II

Is it on the chrome windscreen frame or folding soft top frame? Think I know the style of fixing you mean by turn buckle.
  7. 8

Cantrails for Series II

I have managed to get hold of a pair of cantrails for my Series II but can not work out how they fix to the front of the windscreen. I would be very grateful if someone could let me know or better still post a photo. Thanks, Dean.