• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

Need 2 locating plates for SV front brake flex hose fittings

My DPO re-engineered the originals, looking for 2 originals or repop ok too. Thanks for your assistance and Happy New Year folks. David in Bay Area California
  2. D

progress since Cambria

Finally got around to painting under the bonnet; now I can start to buff out and reassemble. Thanks for the encouragement! Dave
  3. D

Service/Rebuild steering box in NorCal

Does anyone have a trusted vendor in Northern California that can service and if needed, rebuild my Series V steering box? Edit (3/8/18) Maybe I should be willing to expand my geographical area... does anyone have a trusted vendor in the United States that can service/rebuild a Series V...
  4. D

Exactly what friends in Sunbeams should be!

Just in case you don't regularly check the Sunbeam Invasion forum section of this site, I encourage you to look at the postings and pictures from the event this last weekend in Cambria, California. Please forgive me for cross posting but we had such a great time with the cars and our new...
  5. D

67 Alpine, color code 127, seller claims one of last 40 made

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5980038023.html No connection to this in any way, just thought it was interesting. D
  6. D

Ford V6- which Electric Fuel Pump Brand/Model?

Great threads recently on electric fuel pumps; thanks to Mike Armstrong, SIVAllan and those who shared advice and pictures. Helped get me more confident and motivated for the install on my SV V6. The question is what brand and model? Seems like many DarkSiders are successfully using the...
  7. D

Andy Grove

As you may know, the world lost a special talent this week with the passing of Andy Grove; Silicon Valley California. The tributes are worth reading in the San Jose Mercury News, Washington Post, New York Times and others. It would be hard to overestimate his influence on our world. Grove...
  8. D

Hardware re-attaching rear springs Series V

When I removed the leaf springs, I noted the front shackle mount hardware was ordered differently left and right sides (one of the toothed washers was outside the shackle ears on R. side). Following the picture marked "8" on WSM Section 11 Rear Suspension page 2 the order is clear but where do...
  9. D

Ford 2.8L V6 Rocker assemblies

Hi All, Nearly done with my very first engine build:D and wondered about the rocker arm assemblies. Forgot to mark them before they went off to Delta Camshaft and they came back so clean that I can't tell which side is which... they appear to be the same, are they interchangeable? If not, how...
  10. D

OIl Cooler fittings frozen

Hi All, I have a 67 SV and am stuck in the dissasembly process. Any suggestions on how to remove the fittings (1" and 1.25"), I can't get them to surrender on either end. Wasn't sure if heating with a torch would be ok... Thanks, D Well then, I will try harder!
  11. D

I finally know what DPO stands for

Just started my first Alpine journey, 67SV occupies my tiny garage along with an ever growing list of things to be fixed or replaced. So far so very good, makes me almost giddy every day. Body is in good shape albeit with 5 different colors of paint - it was originally Holly Green. Missing...
  12. D

New member, new territory

Hi All, Just joined and am a total newbie with my first Sunbeam. The 67 in the garage is a total stranger to me but I have already learned so much looking there and reading here. So glad you share your experience and wisdom. I may stand a chance after all. D Mountain View, CA