• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. londoner

Brake Master push rod

Putting a new brake master in my series 2. Can anyone tell me the purpose of the sliding sleeve and if it needs to be captured by a wider circlup which it seems to show in the workshop manual?? Many thanks
  2. londoner

Series 2 pressure plate

I am getting ready to install my rebuilt engine in my series 2. I am installing the nos pressure plate to the flywheel. I have the bolts but also these two straps. Wondered where they go?? Could not see them in the manual? Thanks
  3. londoner

Clutch install series 2

Hello and Happy New Year! I finally have my original series 2 engine back from the engine builders. Before I put it back in the car I am looking for advice regarding the pressure plate. I have 2 units to choose from (see pictures) The one with the white stamp is original to the car but has some...
  4. londoner

Series 2 Headers

Trying to find headers for my Series 2. My originals are toast. It is at the engine builders and they want to run it before giving it back. Thanks
  5. londoner

Rear tail light bulb holder for series 2 Alpine

Looking for a rear tail light bulb holder for series 2 Alpine Somehow lost one of mine in the shuffle. Thanks
  6. londoner

Series 2 wiper motor

Trying to bench test my series 2 wiper motor that sat idle for years. I cleaned out the old grease and lubricated. Put the black wire to earth on battery. There are 2 terminals and the original wires one green and one black and green. Can I put either to positive on battery? I could not get the...
  7. londoner

Looking for a heater bezel to go in new walnut dash.

Looking for a heater bezel for a new walnut dash. Thanks
  8. londoner

Brake and clutch pedals

This might be a dumb question. I am putting the pedals back in my series 2 Alpine. When I took them out years ago I did not label which was which. They are both identical. Does it matter which pedal I use for brake and clutch or are they both the same?
  9. londoner

Gearbox advice

Hello. I am onto the next faze of my series 2 resto. Before I marry up the original gearbox to the engine I would like to give it a overhaul. What should I check and replace before putting back in? Many thanks i have attached a couple of pictures. I have not cleaned up the unit and is as at was...
  10. londoner

Walnut dash in series 2

I am looking replace my plastic dash with a walnut one. I know the series 2 never came with one. Does anyone on here know how difficult it is to fit the later type to a series 2? The guy at Alpine innovations can supply with heater brackets but said the dash would need modifying to fit my car...
  11. londoner

Steering box question

Looking for some help with putting my series 2 steering box back together. I have attempted this job a few times but the steering column doesn't seem to go down far enough into the box to bolt it up. I think the problem is with the bottom track. Does the track just get pushed into the recess at...
  12. londoner

Engine advice

Looking for advice from you knowledgeable chaps! I recently posted a thread regarding an engine bought on eBay. Its from a series 2 I did a compression test on the engine out of the car. The numbers were low. I then placed a camera down each sparkplug hole. #4 cylinder which had a very low...
  13. londoner

Engine start outside of car

Hi. Looking for some help here. I have an engine that I bought on email that arrived bolted to a pallet. I want to fire it up before putting it in my series 2 to see how it runs. What is the best way to wire up the engine to run it outside car. It has petronix conversion from points I was...
  14. londoner

Brake line routing

Installing new brake lines in my series 2. I ripped out the old lines a few years ago when I stripped down the car I wondered if there was a guide or picture showing the best routing of the lines for reinstalling? Many thanks John
  15. londoner

Series 2 engine from Delaware

Taking a chance here that someone might know of a series 2 engine that I recently purchased from a restoration shop in Delaware (McQueens) they stated it came out of a running driving series 2 that had a Mazda engine swap. Hoping someone might know the car that it came out of. Engine is on its...
  16. londoner

Brake line placemant

I finally have the underside of my series 2 finished, rear end re-built and back on the car. Before taking it off the rotisserie I would like to install the brake lines. Does anyone have a picture or diagram showing the positioning of the lines. I purchased the lines from Sunbeam specialties...
  17. londoner

Rear leaf springs correct arch?

Looking for advice. I am about to refurbish my rear leaf springs on my series 2 Alpine. I want to check the correct arch of the spring to see if it was flattened out for racing. Does anyone have an idea what the arch should measure? Many thanks John
  18. londoner

Brake drums

I just had my brake drums skimmed and cleaned up. Noticed some holes drilled on one of the drums . Curios if this is standard?? Thanks
  19. londoner

Looking for front drivers side fender (wing) series 2 Alpine

Hi I am looking for the front drivers side fender. I dont need the whole thing, mainly the forward part around the headlight. I am in New Hampshire. Much appreciated! John
  20. londoner

Series 2 rear hub oil seal size

I am trying to fit new hub oil seals to my rear end. The new ones from Sunbeam Specialties are slightly larger and I cannot seam to get them to fit. I used plenty of lubrication but no luck. After mangling one I stopped and looking for advice. Thanks