• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. D

Front Suspension Mods for Series II Mustang 2.8 V6 Conversion

I am in CT and have a good front suspension out of a 1964 left over from my Mutt II conversion if your interested
  2. D

What rear ends are the V6 guys using in their sunbeams.

Not that this is part of the current conversation but more of an update as the OP. I ended up using a 1990 mustang 8.8 4 bolt re geared with 4.11. I made my own caliper brackets for 1993 mustang disk brakes. I am using a 1999 miata motor and trans tire size 215-45-17 so taller then stock. just...
  3. D

65 alpine with 99 miata motor build.

So a lot has happened. Burned in the front end and starting to fit the motor. Suspention and steering looks like it will work out well No one makes 4 lug hubs for the mustang 2 so making my own out of a set of rotors. Kinda wish I went with 5 lugs now. Too late. Wanting to have the motor...
  4. D

Best Engine or Swap????

Any motor is possible it all comes down to how mush work do you want to put in and what out come do want. mussel car/track car /cruiser I like the 4 cylinder for the Idea of keeping it a British mentality sports car, light hi revving and nimble. It was stated the s2000 motor is the 4...
  5. D

1965 alpine front and rear end Connecticut

Rear end is gone. front end is still available if you need parts off it let me know I will pull them off. front seats are out of the car foam seems to be good but would need to be re covered. One seat bottom has been removed. 150 each comes with sliders. $50 for center console + shipping
  6. D

Racing is over so got some time to work on the sunbeam. Front clip is in and braced up next step is to get some horns from the front of the rails to the knee bar.
  7. D

Ratical's Miata Swap

Makes seance. Looks good. Unfortunately My gas tanks are the saddle bags so I have less surface area on top of the tanks for that. I am thinking I need to mod the stock sending unit or find some thing that matches the miata resistance and fit it to the mounting flange. Thank you for explaining...
  8. D

Ratical's Miata Swap

Must have been a good bit of work. if you have any pictures that would be appreciated.
  9. D

Ratical's Miata Swap

How are you doing the fuel? gauge and pump? I would like to use the stock tank and miata gauge but have not figured out how and I will probably run a surge tank.
  10. D

Found this article and it seems to me the very close to what I want to build. https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/83113/alan-fraser-sunbeam-tiger-the-monster-tiger
  11. D

getting closer to burning it in. front valance had to go. it was in tough shape, so not too hart braking.
  12. D

1965 alpine front and rear end Connecticut

The rear end Has been pulled apart The meat ball has 3/89 gears and looks to be in good working order. $100+shipping Axles and drum brakes $50+shipping I will be pulling the front end apart soon Brake calipers and wheels are gone
  13. D

I know I am having a hard time flipping them. I am going to be using a triangulated 4 link not oem. The oem did not fit the ride height I wanted. Burned in some of the front clip. .
  14. D

some frame work and finished up brakes on the rear end
  15. D

Nice work is your front cross member bolted to the frame?
  16. D

first steps to a new front clip