• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. P

Radiator drain tap

Hi all, The drain tap of the radiator of my 1964 Mk 1 Tiger is leaking and I am in search of a new one. Does somebody know what is the size and the thread of this drain tap? The other question is: "where can I buy a new one?". Thanks for your help in advance! Regards, Peter Ruyter
  2. P

Speedometer cable end not square with gearbox

Hi all, today I took of the speedometer cable of my Tiger in order to check why the needle of the speedometer is waving terrible. I used a drill device and after connecting that to the inner speedo cable I noticed that the waving was nearly gone away. So one should think the speedo itself...
  3. P

Electrical problem: tachometer

I have been experiencing something strange with the tachometer of my Sunbeam Rapier series IV. Last year the tachometer was professionally rebuilt by a company, the reason for this was both a wavering needle and the change over to a electronically distributor. The tachometer was not installed...
  4. P

Gearbox Ford Sierra MK1

Hi all! Some time ago I approached this forum with questions about a Ford V6 conversion on the Alpine of a friend. With this information my friend started looking for a complete Ford drive line. Well he actually acted that fast that he is now since yesterday the owner of a complete 1984 Ford...
  5. P

Tacho error

Regarding the tacho of my Sunbeam Rapier series 4, which is the same set up as for the Alpine series 4, I have an error which I have no idea of what can be the cause. If I switch on the ignition the needle of tacho goes straight to 600 rpm and stays there, when I start the engine all is well...
  6. P

Rear springs

Hi, I want to install new rear springs on my Sunbeam Tiger and checking the parts list for both the Alpines and the Tigers I have found the following: Alpines series 3 (from B92035480, series 4 and series 5 have parts number 1223892. This springs have 5 leaves. The Tiger rear spring has...
  7. P

V6 conversion, Ford V 2800 (European version)

Hi, A friend of mine is planning to install a Ford V 2800 in his Alpine. I have been reading some stuff about this conversion on this forum and if I have understood it correctly the advice is to use the 2800 engine and not the 2600 version because the arrangement of the exhaust manifold from...