• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Acollin

Series V Air filers for stromberg cd150 carbs

Hello all Do gt6 air filters fit on series V alpine cd 150 strombergs? i see Moss sells them. classic sunbeam appears to be out of stock and my catalog for ss is pretty old. Anyone know if ss has them? thanks Andrew
  2. Acollin

Parts source: Tudor washer bag

Anyone have a source for “Tudor windscreen washer bags”? Mine car, years ago, with with a blown out disintegrating bag. It still hangs in place. Thanks all
  3. Acollin

Late series hard top hunters

Heads up east coast one just appeared on ebay motors. I do not know the part or the seller $1600
  4. Acollin

Safe - for the car - top speed

Hello all I have a series v with a non-overdrive 4 speed synchro gearbox. I was running an errand yesterday and jumped onto a faster speed roadway. While I always knew that there is a “too fast” for my car without OD, as my speedometer was reading about 55mph, I was wondering how long my car...
  5. Acollin

Uploading video

I was unable to attach a video As a posting. Not sure what to do. I use an ipad and iphone and safari. assist please
  6. Acollin

Trade off required? Stroms cd 150

As the forum knows, I have been playing a lot with my stromberg cb150s on my series v. The trade off seems to be either (1) a little bit of dieseling and great performance or (2) no dieseling and a slight hesitation at times. Non-ethanol fuel only. Questions: 1) Have I gone as far as I can go...
  7. Acollin

Using metal soft top covers on a series v

While I have seen bits and pieces on this subject I would truly like to understand the difficulties in a retrofit. I like the look and while the vinal cover is adequate, I would like to know if the retrofit is beyond my capabilities. Please chime in.
  8. Acollin

Spark plug questions

After all the tinkering with my carbs and running strong without the dieseling, I took a look at my spark plugs today and had a question or two. I am using AC R42x LS gapped at .025 or so. My plug burn is grey in color now and from all my reading on the subject, I would expect there to be some...
  9. Acollin

Anyone see Hemmings classic car

Great looking spread on the 1958 Ferrari 250 GT Ellena? No sure if you would agree, but at first glance when I yanked the magazine from my post box, I thought it was a feature on Sunbeam. It was obvious when I looked more closely, but I see a lot of stylistic similarities. Thoughts— was Lord...
  10. Acollin

Cd 150 metering needles

series v twin stromberg cd150s In trying to understand one thing more and more questions arise. while fiddling with my carbs and a spare set, there were a few things that beg explanation. 1) some metering needles had stampings and other did not. I assume this suggests a) standard— no...
  11. Acollin

Quick choke adjustment question zen/strom

Still messing with my carbs— zenith/strombergs cd150s. I am very close to have things all dialed in and working properly, but need an explanation of writing in the “choke adjustment”section of the wsm. Section C pg.56 The term “ fully back” position is used a number of times. What the heck...
  12. Acollin

Heading down a stromberg rabbit hole

I believe I have a small problem with the stromberg starter bar. The small spring attached to the starter bar operating lever does not appear to do anything. However, when I manipulate the starter bar operating lever with a finger , I can raise and lower the idle without things bouncing back by...
  13. Acollin

Parts question/ heater core

A little advice, please. My heater core has a leak that is not obvious. Moisture appears, but there is no way I can see where it's coming from. I see my options as: 1) have a radiator shop do a repair 2) buy a used on from a parts seller 3) buy a new one from a new parts seller— SS has it in...
  14. Acollin

25 D distributer question

1966 sunbeam alpine— mostly stock Hello all I had a little “dieseling” / pre / post ignition issue( car running on just a bit at shut off.). I set out to do some ignition timing to check to see if that was the cause. I read through the procedures in the wsm and all seemed simple enough. The...
  15. Acollin

Fuel pump question

For quite awhile now , I have used Ken McLemore’s pictures in the series V gallery to check how and where things go. Today, I was looking for some fuel pump answers and could not find a fuel pump where I expected to find one. Would someone please chime in and show me what I am not seeing. Where...
  16. Acollin

Starting your car

Hello all i watched the sunbeam channel video on the roller bearing throw out bearing and was very surprised to learn that I had been starting my car improperly for years. The video states that one should not depress the clutch pedal when starting the Sunbeam Alpine. I was also surprised that an...
  17. Acollin

Routing heater hoses / bypass heater core

Hey All I need to do some work on my heating system and keep the car on the road while I get the core worked on and buy a new valve. My original on/off valve leaks and has been bypassed the entire time I have owned my car and today I noticed some very light steam coming from the vents by the...
  18. Acollin

3AW update

I threw in one of the two 3AWs I had coming and got nothing ( no dash light) . I won’t have the other one for awhile(23rd). It is possible/ probable with both parts being old that both have failed. I tried using a multimeter and could not get a reading with key on or the car running. — probe...
  19. Acollin

Slotted alternator adjusting bracket

1966 series v as some of your know, my alternator mounting flange broke and tossed everything around. In replacing the alternator ,I discovered that the slotted adjusting bracket had snapped and broken too— along the slotted section. For those who have tried to replace this part, sunbeam parts...
  20. Acollin

Series V 3AW can wanted

Hoping that one of you series v owners who did the alternator upgrade have a usable 3AW can sitting on the shelf. You can’t be using it —given the upgrade — and its not the gift your grandkids are expecting on their birthday. I know you did not throw it away!! be well Andrew Sandy, Oregon