• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Acollin

Turn signal assembly for SV

Do any of these help? These are from when I repair the cancelation set up on my series v.
  2. Acollin

No spark frustration

Hey Paul, would you post some pictures of what you see?
  3. Acollin

No spark frustration

I think you may have a loose electrical connection. The word “intermittent” Got me thinking of electrical oddities in my two cars. A loose wire or a weekly connected ground could cause things to fire then not And then fire again. Recheck every thing you touched. I have had connections look...
  4. Acollin

Series V Air filers for stromberg cd150 carbs

I actually missed the “flame trap” port on the gt6 filter. I see the air filters are available in the UK so I am not that concerned about replacing mine. Although I would prefer to patronize / support our suppliers in the states. No ill will intended. Flame trap—Mine is still in place but was...
  5. Acollin

Series V Air filers for stromberg cd150 carbs

Hello all Do gt6 air filters fit on series V alpine cd 150 strombergs? i see Moss sells them. classic sunbeam appears to be out of stock and my catalog for ss is pretty old. Anyone know if ss has them? thanks Andrew
  6. Acollin

Having trouble with OIL leaks among other things

There is a great utube video on the sunbeam channel that you will love about your leaking steering box. Essentially clear old oil out and refill with a semi- liquid oil. I picked some up at a local tractor supply shop. Do the viewing and ask any questions. I did the fix about a year ago. Its...
  7. Acollin

Trouble getting the windshield frame to sit properly

I am always challenged with the ”computer” aspects like zip files and imaging, but from what I can see and now recall that bottom rubber will need to be trimmed— for length and not for thickness. It also looks as if the bottom rubber can still be worked into place. This could be your issue. Also...
  8. Acollin

Trouble getting the windshield frame to sit properly

Maybe post a few pictures so we can see what you are dealing with. I did this work a few years ago and while I did not trim any seals, I did trim the dash Pad. Andrew
  9. Acollin

Repair Bakelite Glove Box Surround

While I hate to rain on the parade, I have mixed luck with glue/ epoxy/ jb weld etc. In my experience , if the bit requires stressing/ twisting the weakened spot, getting it back in place, it is likely to break. With my glove box surround, the repair failed, but on my steering wheel, the repair...
  10. Acollin

Quickjack

To answer Hillman‘s concerns, there are two locking levels that can manage significant weight. Sunbeams are well within any weight consideration. Locked in either locking position, one must actually raise the lift - trip a holding/ securing device , before the lift will go down. I was surprised...
  11. Acollin

Quickjack

Definitely inboard of the tires if I understand your question ( not sure I do). I could set something up so you could see exactly where I set the rubber blocks. In the picture, you can see - not very clearly- where I set the rubber blocks. Picture is from when I pulled the gearbox. Let me know...
  12. Acollin

Hydrodipping Dashboard

Looks very nice to me too. please describe the process. options?
  13. Acollin

Ignition Switch Core

I have had talented locksmiths make working keys for automotive ignitions without an old key to work from. That said, a good tech would probably be able to figure out how to replace your tumbler also. Also , I suspect the “heavier” spring you see returns the key from start to running position...
  14. Acollin

Now what? Oil in headers

Could the drips be from something other than the engine oil? I like the idea of trying to catch the drip on the cardboard. Above the manifold in my own series v there are a few sources of liquid. First guess would be the steering box oil. There are a few systems that contain liquid in that...
  15. Acollin

Steering box oil question

There is a must watch video on the sunbeam channel on Utube with you in mind. It provides a step by step leak proof way of managing your steering box. I did it— works great
  16. Acollin

Windshield install

Any chance you needed to trim a bit of the dash pad off — windshield edge— trimmed it in such a way that the left and right ends are making contact before they should? Or could something be bent or twisted. I too, would secure that center down first and slowly pull the sides down toward the...
  17. Acollin

Parts source: Tudor washer bag

Anyone have a source for “Tudor windscreen washer bags”? Mine car, years ago, with with a blown out disintegrating bag. It still hangs in place. Thanks all
  18. Acollin

Problem with Carbs and Fouled plugs

Whether you choose to change to a new fuel delivery system or not, my suggestion would be to figure out whats going on With what you have. It couldn’t hurt and could possibly inform those of us who still have the zenith carbs. Do you have CD 150s? The WSM has a pretty good step by step set up...
  19. Acollin

Mediterranean Blue Color Chip or Part Sample

My car is Med Blue and was originally. When I got my car it had a very old and very bad respray in white. The engine bay was and is the original Med Blue. A local auto paint store did a color match and I repainted my car in the color matched paint. My wife is an artist who uses oil paints and...
  20. Acollin

Hood Striker

A little lubrication on the moving bits of the latch might go a long way if alignment is good.