• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. H

Dash Pad Installation

Thanks. I appreciate it. It's great to have this forum to help make better decisions when repairs are needed.
  2. H

Dash Pad Installation

It is time to replace the dash pad on my Series IV. Is there any difference in the pads available from Classic Sunbeam and Sunbeam Specialties? Do they look and fit the same or is there anything else I need to consider? Any help would be appreciated.
  3. H

Weber Conversion vacuum

Note: if your distributor is looking for ported vacuum, that is what you should give it. You always need to match the carb and distributor.
  4. H

14" wire wheels

I tried what I was told was an MGB 14" wire wheel on my Series IV Alpine and the wheel hit the caliper on the front and the drum on the rear. Maybe the wheel was from some other vehicle.
  5. H

Tachometer Signal?

It was meant to show that the direction and speed of the pulses from the coil through the wire loop on the tachometer induce the movement of the shaft the tachometer needle rests upon. With faster engine speeds, the coil fires faster and the needle on the tachometer moves farther around the...
  6. H

Tachometer Signal?

Check this link for a description of how they work. https://circuitglobe.com/electrical-tachometer.html
  7. H

Parts Unknown?

Hi Rick, I didn't mean to imply the latch in the picture is from a Sunbeam. I only referenced it to make the forum aware I am looking for a left side latch for a Series IV hardtop. I agree, the pictured latch looks German. Any help locating a latch for my car would be appreciated.
  8. H

Parts Unknown?

The one piece sure looks like a hardtop vent window latch. If anyone has a left side vent window latch for a Series IV hardtop, I could use it. Mine went missing when the top was repainted (and I have a GT with no soft top).
  9. H

Weber conversion manifold

Thank you very much husky drvr for that thorough explanation. I think I'll stick with my manifold and continue with the PCV as designed. (The early Zeniths look the part much better though.) This car is not likely to see high mileage again until the next owner gets his/her hands on it so I...
  10. H

Regarding Tim R post. Thanks for that advice, but you don't really say anything regarding the reason you feel the AI manifold is better than stock. Also, I remain interested in knowing if the original Solex set up designed by the Rootes engineers caused lean running in two of the cylinders...
  11. H

Did the original Solex carburetor with PCV and brake booster ports on the intake manifold cause lean running on cylinders 1 and 4? If not, what is different in the design of the Weber that creates this issue? Sorry for my ignorance, but what is meant by "log" manifold? I am replacing my old...
  12. H

Rocker Shaft Disassembly

FWIW I just did this also. The oil holes in the shafts were pointing downwards on both. Oriented that way the slots can only go one way. Anyone know what the slots are for? There are two on each shaft and they are different sizes.
  13. H

front fender to tire gap

Series IV
  14. H

front fender to tire gap

Thanks so much for the detailed response. It was very informative. I sent an email to you. Cheers. Bill
  15. H

front fender to tire gap

My primary interest is reducing the large gap between the top of the front tires and the bottom of the wheel openings in the fenders for purely cosmetic reasons. I just don't like the look with that large gap there. I've read many of the posts on lowering our cars, but I'm not sure I want...