• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

zero feedback (0)

skywords

Donation Time
OK all you e-bay gurus I want to know what to do if a bidder has a zero feedback? I would not mind so much but someone with a zilch rating has bid on my beautiful Harley. I suppose we all started with a zero score but it is scary not knowing if they will pay. I won't take any wooden nickles. I have seen people use all kinds of restrictions on such bidders are they necessary?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
On anything of value, YES, they are necessary. I would, at minimum, send this guy a message and get him to verify his name, address, phone, etc. There's a TON of fraud in eBay, and zero-feedback is a hotbutton.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
zero feedback

Could be a good buyer but you have no way of knowing even if you have his/her name address,etc.
I would not ship to such a buyer and would only accept cash on a pick up, if they are close enough to do so.

skywords

Donation Time
Thats sound advise guys. I will send him a request for info. I have a $500 non refundable deposit required at the end of the auction so we will see if he ponies up. There are 21 bids so maybe someone with a better score will be the winner.

Thanks

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thats sound advise guys. I will send him a request for info. I have a $500 non refundable deposit required at the end of the auction so we will see if he ponies up. There are 21 bids so maybe someone with a better score will be the winner.

Thanks

As said.. we were all 0 once.. If you have a deposit requirement and they dont meet it.. cancel the transaction, and just make sure all of the balance of funds have CLEARED not just arrived, before you let the item go.

skywords

Donation Time
Can't even trust bank checks. They can be forged on a valid account.

My banker told me it's become a real problem and it takes five to ten days of hold before you get your funds. I am afraid of writting checks anymore because my routing number and account number is on the check. Soon we will be carrying bags of gold dust with our pots and pans clanking away off the side of our pack mules. Packing our six shooters of course

skywords

Donation Time
Well Mr. Zero won the auction and I immediately sent him a message that I was looking forward to getting his new Harley to him or better yet meeting him in person. I told him I'll be looking for his deposit in my PayPal account and gave him my phone number. I don't know about the rest of you but if I were buying a Harley I would be pumped and would have called instantly to arrange pick up. No call Humm
Well if by Saturday afternoon he has not ponied up the deposit I will report it as a no pay and re-list.

Chuck how many wooden nickles did you say you have? :D

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Rick,

What model Hog is it?

Maybe you'd take a chance on me? IIRC, I had no feedback when I bought your SII. :D

I wouldn't worry too much about your account and routing numbers. These are not enough for someone to get at your funds. That requires your permission (ie. a signed cheque). If they don't have it, your bank is responsible for any missing funds. I probably have both of those numbers here somewhere since I have a hard time throwing away paper (must be my end of career job in audit.). If I stumble across them, I burn them.

Good luck with the next listing.

Al

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Well if by Saturday afternoon he has not ponied up the deposit I will report it as a no pay and re-list.

You don't have to re-list it if you are happy with the second highest bid. You can offer it to that bidder as a 'second chance offer.' I have won a couple of things that way.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
One other word of caution. It has been known for someone to "hijack" another persons account. I believe this has happened to two members on this list.

skywords

Donation Time
Rick,

What model Hog is it?

Maybe you'd take a chance on me? IIRC, I had no feedback when I bought your SII. :D

I wouldn't worry too much about your account and routing numbers. These are not enough for someone to get at your funds. That requires your permission (ie. a signed cheque). If they don't have it, your bank is responsible for any missing funds. I probably have both of those numbers here somewhere since I have a hard time throwing away paper (must be my end of career job in audit.). If I stumble across them, I burn them.

Good luck with the next listing.

Al

Hello Al
How are you and hows she runnin? we miss that car. It is a 2003 XL1200C with the screaming eagle kit, it's a rocketship

Mr zero has not ponied up yet but there is always hope. I got a message from some other e-bayer offering 1800 if I put the item on a pallet but he did not specify what item and has not answered my response of what item. Normally a question comes with a item number. I have several aircraft items that he could be referring to but who knows. It just smells fishy. Thank God e-bay has enough safe gaurds to protect against most scams.

howard

Donation Time
I haven't listed anything on E-Bay as yet, but Craigslist was a scam magnet to me. Not a single valid offer, either time I listed my car. So I showed them! I started driving the car again ("...and loving it!").

When it comes to the internet, you have two sure methods for spotting a scam: 1) Does it "feel" right? and, more importantly, 2) Does your wife think it's a valid deal? A lot of times a spouse can look at the deal more objectively than we can.