• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Progress on my Tiger...

66Tiger

Donation Time
I posted some pictures of the TEAE event and several people asked me about the current state of my car. I am way behind on updating my website, but I did add a page of pictures with it's current condition.

http://www.breuhan.com/sunbeam/insurance/index.html

I did get to the point on my wiring where all systems other than the ignition are fully operational (I now have horns and wipers and blower and lights and turn signals and brake lights!!!!!). I disconnected the Mallory ignition box after reading it could be burned out if the igntion was left on for too long without the motor running...so I will be reconnecting shortly and hope to start the car up in the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy!
Paul

Duke

Donation Time
Great looking car. I really like how you cleaned up the engine compartment.

What rear springs do you have installed? Do you have longer than stock shackles?

Your son will have to wait until he is at least 21 to drive the Tiger…..that is what my insurance tells me and what I have told my 12 year old.

66Tiger

Donation Time
Duke,
I am not sure on the rear springs, the previous owner installed them.

Shackles are the stock ones...it's part optical illusion since my driveway has a lot of slope to it. But it is high in back. Not sure if the weld-on Traction Masters have any effect on the height.

21?...hmmm...I told my son...35 before he could take the wheel!

When I first got the car it was...Daddy's Tiger.
Then next summer...Our Tiger.
Now...when can we go for a ride in His Tiger?

Paul
B382001937LRXFE

V_Mad

Donation Time
I like the minimalist look under the hood; no ugly wires showing there! What a difference, I will definitely be learning a lesson form that!

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Paul,

I would have to agree with Chris's post. The engine bay looks awesome and the white car brings out the detail in the engine and radiator. The whole car so far looks a treat. I will be eager to see the final product once complete.

Regards, Robin

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Paul:

Nice job on the restoration!

I recently purchased a '66 Tiger with a VIN number close to yours - B382001910

It was originally a white car - paint code # 92 Arctic White - and I intend to repaint it back to the original color. The original 260 cu in engine is gone, so I'll replace it with a rebuilt 289. I like the cleanliness of your engine bay. I hope to be as successful as you.

There's a lot to do yet - I think it will be a couple of years before I get it on the road. :(