• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Must be a joke!

65beam

Donation Time
joke

is this the same guy that does this every few weeks ? he sells quite a few items even at these prices . someday our parts and cars will sell for what they're worth .

V6 Mark

Donation Time
Maybe he is trying to cash in on the low dollar exhange rate thinking some poor unsuspecting Brit might think it's still a bargain!!

I just hope parts are not getting so scarce.

It might be interesting to run a poll on the forum showing how much people think is fair price for parts.... could be fascinating and help prevent members from being ripped off on ebay!

all the best
Mark

Nickodell

Donation Time
Wow! I want the rusty steel wheel for $249 (I'd have objected to $250:)) And can you find the logic in this assertion of his:

I HAVE SET THE PRICES HIGH TO ALLOW PROSPECTIVE BUYERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES A CHANCE TO BUY THE PARTS FROM THIS RARE CAR AS WELL.

The guy's some philanthropist.

V6 Mark

Donation Time
Rogue Ebayers

this is response I got from the seller when I queried whether he had mistyped $99 as $999 for a hood......it seems he is a joker as this is pretty funny...

It seems (by his hourly rate) it must have cost him more than $2000 to write his reply - some of that money would have been better invested in a dictionary..

ON MY!! HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE? YOU WILL NOT BUY FROM ME, WELL I'LL JUST PUT A GUN TO MY HEAD AND PULL THE TRIGGER RIGHT NOW. I CHECKED YOU OUT. NOT ONLY ARE YOU IN THE U.K., BUT YOU APPEAR TO BE QUITE THE D1CK#EAD!! NOT ONLY HAVE YOU GOT A POOR FEEDBACK RATING, BUT YOU SEEM TO HAVE LEFT A GOOD AMOUNT OF UNWARRANTED NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AS WELL. LET ME EXPLAIN HOW THINGS WORK IN THE U.S.,. I CAN CHARGE WHATEVER THE FU(K I WANT TO. THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH MY PRICES, DON'T CLICK ON THEM!!! WHAT DID YOU THINK, THAT THERE WAS A SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR MORONS LIKE YOU? OUR ECONOMIC SYSTEM IS BASED ON SUPPLY AND DEMAND. IF I AM PRICED TOO HIGH, GUESS WHAT? MY ITEMS WILL NOT SELL, PERIOD. SINCE YOU APPEAR TO HAVE ALOT OF FREE TIME, YOU MIGHT WANT TO DROP A LINE TO HARRODS AND ROLLS ROYCE. HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR PRICES?? ALSO, I AM AN ''EXTREMELY'' DECENT TRADER, IN THAT I MAKE NO PRETENSE ABOUT MY PRICING, I AM HONEST IN LISTING EVERY TINY FLAW, AND ENCOURGE FOEIGN BUYERS TO REQUEST A SHIPPING AMOUNT ''BEFORE'' BUYING. THESE ARE HARDLY TRAITS OF AN INDECENT SELLER. A BUCK IS NOT EARNED DISHONESTLY, JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK I AM OVERPRICED. LAST I LOOKED THE EARTH STILL REVOLVES AROUND THE SUN AND NOT YOU! YOU MIUGHT WANT TO REFLECT ON EVEN CONTINUING ON EBAY, GIVEN ALL THE ISSUES YOU HAVE. OH BY THE WAY, DON'T EVEN THINK OF BUYING FROM ME. NOW YOU CAN'T, G'DAY MATE.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
A dictionary AND an education.

Most of these types don't realize how small the Sunbeam community is, and word gets around pretty quick if you're the one who is being a d*ckhead!
I guess he feels this emboldened because he's actually realizing some of these prices from the unsuspecting.

Unfortunately, there are the newbies out there who fall prey to this type of jerkweed only to discover our happy little world too late. Gives all of us a bad name! :mad:

V6 Mark

Donation Time
:rolleyes: oh...that would be bad..... I couldn't possibly....oh go on then... I'll do it if you will ;-)

V6 Mark

Donation Time
LOL!!!! He already blocked me so unfortunately I was unable to make my offer of $2.19

"Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to place best offer on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details."

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Offers are instantly rejected if below $3.25. I hope this idiot likes his Sunbeam parts as he is sure to have them in his posession for a long time.

65beam

Donation Time
joke

i keep hoping the market goes up so i can get rid of all the simca parts that i had to take when i bought a lot of parts from dealers many years ago. i still have a few nos sunbeam parts left , but not enough to buy a tank of gas for my car .

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Guys, if you click on the sellers other items - List, you'll see he is listing over 3000 items. Then search his list for Sunbeam, you'll see 22 items. Then click on Completed items and you'll see "0".

So he has not sold any Sunbeam stuff yet. And he will eventually get his prices down to where he will actually sell them. He obviously has a system that works for him.

But I'm guessing it's going to take quite a few relistings and quite some time to get down from where he is starting!

Tom

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Well, I have a pretty good spoke off a genuine wire wheel off a Sunbeam that rolled, only slightly bent twice, hardly any rust, would need paint and machine shop straightening for concourse but great for the driver in need of a spoke, for trade for the hood, if ebay would let me do that :) .

Allan