• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

UK 3 port heads on 3.2 V6 Cologne

V6 Mark

Donation Time
index.php

Interesting article

Jim E

Donation Time
Found part one of the write up and they made a billet stroker crank kit for the 2.8 to get it out to 3.2. Not a lot of details but looks like the engine likes another 10mm of stroke which they claim added 30 HP.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Found part one of the write up and they made a billet stroker crank kit for the 2.8 to get it out to 3.2. Not a lot of details but looks like the engine likes another 10mm of stroke which they claim added 30 HP.

And the 2.8 is supposed to have a bad con rod/stoke ratio!

Bill

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
BOY!! Would I love to have a 2.8 V6, and put one of those stroker cranks into it. Would not be able to rev it as high, but can you imagind the increase in torque??!! The heads thay are talking about, seem to be different from the three port heads I'm familiar with. If this is so, then maybe they will breathr better than the Mustang II heads. I would be a bit worried about not flowing enough air with the U.S. spec heads to support a 3.2 displacement V6. All of this just makes me excited.

I can just imagine one of these 3.2 V6's, sporting a turbo and intercooler. WOW!!!

Jose

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Think it is the bore/stroke ratio being over swquare they do not like.

No, it was stroke/rod ratio and was presented as promoting engine wear. But I found data (good ole Dave Williams) on the 2.8 and when stroked .400", would give a ratio of 1.65, almost exactly the same as the chevy 350 (1.64). God must have created the 350, as it seems to be the standard for all things good, so I guess the stroked 2.8 is about perfect!

Bill

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
No, it was stroke/rod ratio and was presented as promoting engine wear. But I found data (good ole Dave Williams) on the 2.8 and when stroked .400", would give a ratio of 1.65, almost exactly the same as the chevy 350 (1.64). God must have created the 350, as it seems to be the standard for all things good, so I guess the stroked 2.8 is about perfect!

Bill
Would be for me!!

Jose

V6 Mark

Donation Time
Happy to see a UK development got you chaps excited !!!

There are some nice articles on the UK `Capri Power` forum (twin plenum, turbo etc etc - interestng if you would like to take a look)

Hey Uncle Jose ! You are gonna be a Grand-Uncle!! How about that!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Happy to see a UK development got you chaps excited !!!

There are some nice articles on the UK `Capri Power` forum (twin plenum, turbo etc etc - interestng if you would like to take a look)

Hey Uncle Jose ! You are gonna be a Grand-Uncle!! How about that!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You'd better get your Alpine finished, because after you're a daddy, time and money for the Alpine, will be scarce.

Uncle Jose:D