• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

British Car Show In Oklahoma City

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Hey Club members, this looks like fun!

Subject: European Car Show Oct 13th

I am a member of the club and I wanted to invite all people here
to the 1st annual All European Car Show October 13th. The show will
have approximately 100-150 cars from all Euro car companies and will be
held at Santiago Sports & Classics on the 5 acre lawn behind the main
building. Cost is $20 and includes a t shirt. The show registration
begins at 9 am and trophies are at 2:30. Come out, display your car and
see the best OKC has to offer. MG, Austin Healey, VW, Porsche, Ferrari,
Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Mini, Triumph, Alfa Romeo, Fiat,
Audi and Much more. Call Nathan York @
420-6996 or email ydeanne@sbcglobal.net for more information. Thanks!

Nathan

Anyone from the Tulsa area or OKC planning on going?
Weather permitting Vicki might make it, if I get the new/used heater core changed out, might just be cold!

Donna
:D

Lester

Donation Time
I'm coming to this one. For sure! It's been ages (2 months or so) since I've tinkered with my S3. Anyways, I'll be there.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
134 MIles going on Route 66

:D I got on Yahoo and clicked a route using state highways not the interstate roads from home Skiatook to the OKC car show at Santiago Sports & Classics, which is a business address in the Edmond's township. Most of the route is on the old Route 66 mother road through Arcadia, OK even. Its only 134 miles but according to Yahoo right at a 4 hour drive. So if Vicki is up and running with new heater core I will (A) Be up at the break of dawn to make it to the show on time or (B) Leave the night before or (C) drive one of our faster sport cars, but that would take out all the fun of showing Vicki, bummer. Of course with Vicki being a GT I am hoping for a clear cold day, if its raining she is staying home. So Lester I hope to finally get a chance to meet you this time around, if Mother Nature does not rain on our Show!

Donna

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
MG Club Changes Events

:rolleyes:
The MG club was originally planning on going to Eureka, AK the weekend of October 13th. Since only one person called wanting to attend but several called and requested they would rather go to OKC. Looks like I may have a caravan headed down old route 66 to OKC for the weekend. They have not worked out the details yet but seems the Tulsa British crowd may make a showing! Its so nice the MG club lets my Sunbeam and one Morgan tag along, LOL
I also got hold of Nathan and passed on to him the Tulsa Jaguar Club contact and the Tulsa Alfa Romeo Club contact, so there may be a lot more European cars cruising that old route 66.

Donna

Lester

Donation Time
I'm really looking forward to this show, and to meeting you fellow Sunbeamers! I'm disapointed that I couldn't make it the Invasion. Work is just too busy right now. I am getting back to my weekend ritual of tending the car and trying to get her running again. If she is running, she will be there too. here's to good weather! and safe driving for you Tulsa folk!
Cheers, Lester

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Bumping this back to the top!

Good News is the weather is suppose to be perfect!
Bad News is my Alpine did not get fixed, so I won't make it.

Good News is the MG club from Tulsa will leave around 8:00am
Bad News is they will be coming in late to the show, but look for them :eek:

1st annual All European Car Show October 13th. The show will
have approximately 100-150 cars from all Euro car companies and will be
held at Santiago Sports & Classics on the 5 acre lawn behind the main
building. Cost is $20 and includes a t shirt. The show registration
begins at 9 am and trophies are at 2:30.

Donna

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Is the heater core the only issue with the Alpine?
Any chance you could temporarily plumb around it?
Seems a shame to sit out a local meet!
(Of course, if the temperature has plummeted
to a chilly 75 degrees, and you really NEED the heater,
I understand...)

Keep smilin', keep drivin'!
Ken

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Burr 51 degrees!

Local well sort of its still 134 miles one way, couple of hours at 60 mph, and yes the last two mornings I have driven the Sky top down to work at pre-dawn at 51 degrees and yes the heater was on! Not only the heater, jacket and gloves but your are right Ken I could disconnect that heater core and still make the trip, good ideal! I am just miffed at the Mister for not making an effort to help me get R done. It would serve him right to have to sit in a very cold Alpine for a couple of hours to drive too the show :(

Donna