• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Seat recline bushing

Hoghead

Silver Level Sponsor
Both my Tigers, and all my old seat parts need the little threaded bushing that the seat recline cam runs on - shown far right under the screw.
These wear right to the screw threads, and seemingly unavailable.
I am going to make some for myself and a few mates, and if done on a CNC late it can spit them out non-stop, cheap as chips.
If anyone wants in on this let me know, as it is a one time effort. No idea of cost until it is done, but post will be as much or more than the part
Let me know...........................

438299624_1503819043876504_3278514620216848247_n.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I like your efforts to make these available..... put me down for a pair.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not too soft?
I guess the choice is eat the bushing that is easy to replace, or eat the cam..........
Have any left to save me re-inventing the wheel
You could also use bearing bronze. That’s what I machined my Alpine brake pistons out of… it’s very durable.

IMG_1237.jpeg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
“C932 bearing bronze is hard, strong, resistant to wear, resistant to impacts, and easily machined. Additionally, c932 bronze is ductile and resistant to corrosion. It can be easily soldered and brazed, though welding is not advised. Typically used in bushings, thrust washers, bearings, pumps, light duty gears, and valve components.”

JSLoeffl

Gold Level Sponsor
If you are talking about the 5/16" BSF Round Nut (for seat back rest), Sunbeam Specialties has them under PN UK83N Page 22 of their catalog for about $4.25 each, unless price has increased since Sept 21 catalog. I bought a couple in 2019, not sure if they still have stock now!!

22 UPHOLSTERY & DOOR PANELS
SUNBEAM Specialties, Inc. -765-A E. McGlincy Ln, Campbell CA 95008 408 371-1642
SPECIAL SEAT SCREWS
LARGE SEAT BACK PIVOT SCREWS. COUNTERSUNK SLOTTED SCREW WITH PIVOT NIPPLE AFTER THE THREADS UK82 19.95pr
RATCHET PLATE & SEAT-REST SCREWS, 5/16X1/2” BSF, ND.6 UK83 2.25ea
ROUND NUT, 5/16” BSF (FOR SEAT BACK REST), 1 PER SEAT UK83N 4.25ea
LONG SCREW, 2 ½” BSF UK84 2.95ea

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I do have a couple pairs of the original style seats. Also going with the high backs from the Maza for two of my Alpines. They are comfortable for me in my opinion.