• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Tiger Differential Gear Ratio Tag

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I understand that Tiger differentials were fitted with a factory tag that was stamped with the correct gear ratio. Can anyone post a picture of what one of these tags looks like? I've searched the internet but obviously in the wrong places since I have not been able to locate a picture of one. Thanks for any help.

Rick

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
No, I looked, but probably same as 60's Jeeps except ratio. Maybe another Tiger owner can snap a pic.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
I found this image on the interweb. Should be self-explanatory.

Attachments

• Diff tag.jpg
    Diff tag.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 40

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Rick, here is a Jeep D44 tag. Would think the Tiger would be similar but 49-17 and 2.88 ratio.
Jeep D44 tag.jpg

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, here is a Jeep D44 tag. Would think the Tiger would be similar but 49-17 and 2.88 ratio.
View attachment 24432

Thanks for the picture. Yes, there are a couple of tags I’ve seen with 49 over 17 embossed into the tag that would indicate a 2.88 gear ratio. Perhaps because so many stock Tiger differentials were swapped out is the reason most tags are missing.

Rick

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks for the picture Pete. Looks like a very rusty, illegible tag under the topmost bolt? I can't make out what is stamped/embossed on the tag though.
Rick

I channeled my inner contortionist and got this image of my diff tag. This is the original diff & tag for B9471799. Hope this answers your questions.

My car has been family owned since 1970.

Attachments

• IMG_2779.JPG
    IMG_2779.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 41

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I channeled my inner contortionist and got this image of my diff tag. This is the original diff & tag for B9471799. Hope this answers your questions.

My car has been family owned since 1970.

Thanks Pete. Pretty much confirms what I need to know.
Rick