• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WANTED" DECK LID w/round corners

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
WANTED" DECK LID w/round corners. 1963 up ? preferably in fla. if you have one, please contact me.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Anyone ? I tried sandblasting mine, looks like Swiss Cheese ! LOL definitely nee a replacement

JackSun

Diamond Level Sponsor
Noticed a Dallas ( Plano ) C L ad , looking for something else …. Parts car for $450. , seems to have a decent rd corner
boot lid . Ad says , “ not interested in shipping big pieces “ , didn’t know if you had a Dallas connection ? I’m in OKC ,
LMK , if I can help ? Good luck .

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
thanks, I just want to SEE them SHIP that from jersey to Fla for $21.00 !! we'll see. I can fix where the tried to shut the trunk with frozen hinges !

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
It "says" shipping by USPS, (for $23 from Jersey to mid fla) does the post office ship thing like that ???

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
On Oct 19 you placed a bid knowing the seller's quoted cost to ship to Florida was likely wrong (see your comments above). Knowing the cost was almost certainly low, did you ever contact the seller for a correct quote or did you plan to hold the seller to the quote if you won? Sounds opportunistic to me. This was later included in the description:

On Oct-21-21 at 10:40:56 PDT, seller added the following information:

Shipping quotes available

Local pick up available

For some reasons eBay shipping is incorrect

Beyond getting a refund, I believe you have little recourse since its unlikely the seller is going to swallow the cost – especially since he added the above before the auction ended.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I bid in "good faith", with the "prices quoted". I did not look at the auction again until I received an email saying" I had Won the auction". At that time I sent "Full payment". I waited a week "After paying" (and him "Accepting Payment") before sending a note to the seller as to "was it shipped". He Accepted Payment, he could have refused it. He Never had the decency to contact me saying shipping was more than he thought or anything else. He just waited a week And then posted in Ebay as THE "REASON" for Cancelling the auction was That * " I WAS THE ONE WHO CANCELLED THE AUCTION" *. According to the ebay rep, a seller can not accept payment in full wait a week and then decide he doesn't want to ship it. I have "eaten the costs" of shipping on ebay in the past. a matter of integrity.