• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted: Window gear mechanism for series V

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm looking for a window winding mechanism for a series V, the left hand side. The gears in mine just don't want to make good contact.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
not to jump your post, but if there are More than One Available.... I'd even consider your Old One. :)

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
There's a kit for repairing it but I thought if I could find one in working shape it would be easier.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I don't have one at all. I thought I might "adapt " a series 2, but not looking promising.

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
Fonz. Its been a while but if you want my old window mechanism it's yours for the price of postage. The gears are really worn out though.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Fonz. Its been a while but if you want my old window mechanism it's yours for the price of postage. The gears are really worn out though.

Sounds good. how much shipped to 34470 ? I installed a series 2 unit but the track for the door glass (attached to the wing window) gets in the way. I'm always up for "Trying" to FIX things. Thanks. let me know and I'll send paypal.

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
Fonz. Sorry for the late reply. I'm trying to find my old mechanism. I have parts in a few different locations. Hopefully tomorrow I can find it and give you a postage quote.

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
Found the part and have boxed it up to estimate shipping. The cheapest shipping is $31.48 USD. I'm fine with sending it but I just want to confirm that you know that the gears slip and I considered it unusable. I don't use paypal but I can do an e-transfer.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Found the part and have boxed it up to estimate shipping. The cheapest shipping is $31.48 USD. I'm fine with sending it but I just want to confirm that you know that the gears slip and I considered it unusable. I don't use paypal but I can do an e-transfer.
Don't know how to do a "e transfer". I'll need to wait till the 3rd of the month though. set income.

Zappafan

Silver Level Sponsor
There's no rush, its packaged up. I just need your address to put on the package. If you have online banking, e-tranfers are easy, if not, we'll figure something out.