• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SUNI VII success

mike_also

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just got through the home door and thought I should say something positive about SUNI V111. To me, it was awesome. I met or reconnected with famous posters here, i.e. Dan Walters, Dan Richardson and Bill Blue. I met other SAOCA members who like me, read the posts but stay a little quiet. I met many lumineries of the Tiger world (and not afraid to tell them my Alpine was my primary vehicle and my Tiger was an amusing distraction). I learn volumes of information from both sides. I was happy that everyone was friendly. I work with Dave on his race Alpine several hours to changed his starter. I lent my tools to Doug Jennings (and got in the way) as he and Dan W. diagnosed and verified a broken retainer pin on the distrbutor drive gear on Howard's SVRA race Tiger that had been towed in from a marque parade. To be fair credit goes to one of us in the peanut gallery that suggested "distributor?" The cruise (~300 mi. RT), tours, museums, auto-x, and concours were excellent and well run. Organizers Claudia and Buck Tippel deserved the ovation they got at the banquet. The Parts Room was well stocked and saved the two above-mentioned car-troubled folks by having the parts they needed. Kudos to Eric G., he a factor in Tiger Alpine parts. There was a lot of knowledge in that room. Thanks to the many folks thank kept the meet moving along. Because of them (wish I could remember all their names) I had a wonderful time. Wish the interval between SUNI was less than five years.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Agreed ! Lots of advice and help rendered by many attendees. Fully enjoyed the Event. Very nice to meet "mike_also"....

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Met alot of new & old friends in the parts room. My only suggestion would be to have the hospitality room closer! Good job Eric of getting as many tables up as possible and having them filled all week long by the participants.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Unfortunately I had to miss this SUNI. But from Mikes comments it sounds like it was again a wonderful event.
"Wish the interval between SUNI was less than five years" , as you said Mike,come to the yearly TEAE UNITED, it is like a somewhat smaller SUNI.
Robert

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes it was a good event the volunteers did a great job. All that was left to do was fetch ice for the former flight attendant. Surely that chest was well beyond OSHA weight limits :)
I was the guy next to Dan
and Larry by the door.

I hear that the next West Coast United will again be in Wine country Santa Maria.
Hopefully some of y'all can visit Calunicornia .

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was in attendance for a short time. Missed Steve Pace's runs in his very nice Modified Sunbeam Alpine Ford 2.8 V6. He can be seen at 14:11 and again 15:53

You did good there Steve running against them hopped up tigers:)

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes Robert I am with you, would like to see a catchup SUNI to get it back on the same 5 yr cycle.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
Warren and I did a last minute whirlwind trip to Suni. I was on the fence about going, but I had a great time too!

I'm much more INTO Alpines than in the past!

BUT, I'm into Imps as well!

...Too many projects, Too little time...

DW