• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LED 3rd brake light

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I was curious abut this and googled the light. There don't seem to be any in instructions online anywhere, which is really amazing. However, I did find this in answer to a question on the Summit site:

"yellow to left turn signal, red to right turn signal, black to bake light, white to ground".

"white to ground" would be really strange, but I am just quoting what someone else said.

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Jim, those are the instructions I followed. I got the LED working on a independent power supply in my basement using black and white wires (black to black, white to red terminals) but can't get any life out of it on the Alpine. My 4-way flasher unit has stopped working so have to check that out could be related to trying to fit the LED.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Should work, especially after you tested it successfully with a power supply. But note, that when you tested it you connected Black to black (Neg) and white to Red (Positive ) . So when you install it in your car , which has POSITIVE earth , you need to connect white to chassis (Positive) and Black (Neg) to the brake wire. Before messing with your flasher, check if your brake lights are working. If your brake lights are working , your LED bar should work , if wired in correctly.

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Tom, I will go at it again next week. The brake wire is the red wire on the lower bulb holder (two wires on drivers side, one on passenger hooked in from the drivers side). All brake lights, flashers and 4-way are working.