• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stock Alpine Engine colors

alpine_64

Donation Time
A lot of the "crate" motors were destined for Iran.

Might have something to do with why the color was different.
Quite a lot of the arrow series blocks were a Chrysler blue.. Iirc there was some very late SV that had these and the heads without spark plug tubes.

Kristian Jonsson

Donation Time
I stick to the ”right” colour scheme. My colour scheme. 1500 engine: green. 1600 engine: black. 1725: blue.
Have seen them all in reality.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Black engine blocks until the late Series Vs which were painted Talbot Blue. (I have Alpines with Red, Green, Blue and black engine blocks but they only came from the factory with Black or Talbot Blue.

Tim R

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
RootesRacer comments that crate motors were "destined for Iran." Were they destined for Iran or built in Iran? I thought these "NOS" Iran engine blocks that are floating around are left over from a car built in Iran that used the same engine.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Jan,
I think that my son still has an original can of Rootes Talbot Blue engine paint. I will see if I can find it and see if it has a code shown on the tin.

Jay,
I think they were built in Iran and known as the Paykan (Hillman Hunter originally).

Tim R