• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SUNI photos wanted

venice532

Donation Time
Hi all, if anyone here is planning on going to SUNI and would care to share your experience you can send me SUNI adventure photos and I'll publish them on the CAT facebook page.

When Buck and Claudia did their whirlwind California to Wisconsin trip in their black tiger a few years ago they would send me nightly shots of what happened that day and it was lots of fun to keep track of their travels.

Either send me a PM here or an email at venicerjj@gmail.com and we could figure out the details.

If it's easier you can be made an admin on the CAT facebook page so you can post directly.

I'd also like to keep up with daily SUNI activities so photos from the event would be great to see also.

thanks
Bob

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
Another request for those attending SUNI. I am unable to attend due to family obligations. :( The tech sessions look GREAT! (Thanks Eric) Would love to document these for posterity, and to share them with those of us who cannot be in attendance. Can someone film the sessions, and share them afterwards? Could they be archived on this website, or Youtube? And we cannot just expect Eric to do everything....... Much thanks, David

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is a truck full of tigers getting ready to head out to SUNI thanks to Steve H.
Bob
That is quite the picture! It is too late for this trip, but I am curious about the price/logistics of it. How many Tigers shared the trip (I assume this was CA to MO) and how much did it cost each?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I recall it was 2600 ish. As part of the number crunching I did.
Didn't find that much in the sofa or in the recycling buckets ;)

venice532

Donation Time
Hi Jim, like Warren mentioned it was about $2600 both ways and the truck fit 7 tigers.
It was arranged by CAT member Steve H. who moves vehicles around for a living.
There should be quite a few alpines at SUNI, I hope get to see lots of pictures.
Bob

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Let’s see: I’m getting 10 mpg for my 2600 mile round trip drive. Add in 2 nights in hotels each way, plus wear and tear on my truck and on me. $2600 is sounding pretty good right now!

venice532

Donation Time
Claudia and Buck: last seen at a preserved gas station in Moriarty, NM

Today: Setting up the SUNI registration area in the Hilton parking lot.

"Hint- we made it!"IMG_9047.JPG IMG_1257.JPG

venice532

Donation Time
The number of Tigers in the Independence, MO area just increased by 7 this morning. Report from Buck:
"Reliable delivered the West Coast Tigers this morning.
Buck has the keys."IMG_1259.JPG

venice532

Donation Time
from Buck:
"30 cars have already arrived."
If anyone knows any details about these Harringtons, tigers, imps and alpines feel free to comment. thanks Bob J.

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 48
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 47
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 47
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 46
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 47
  • unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 47
  • unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 48
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 46

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Her are a couple from the line up at lunch on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 20210914_125206.jpg
    20210914_125206.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210914_112922.jpg
    20210914_112922.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 30

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
We stopped on the way home from lunch by the Missouri River; it turned out to be right at an area where Lewis and Clark documented a stop in 1804. Here's a shot of the river, with a little something modern blocking part of the view.

174A461C-3EBC-4A66-9B02-7BCB54572B13_1_201_a.jpeg
And, a shot taken just to the left, with nothing but trees in the way.

D22F1B45-9EAF-47A9-96BA-FDB3E03096E5_1_201_a.jpeg

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Looks like a great turnout, even this early. Bummer we couldn't make it. Have fun everybody and keep the pics coming.