• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington Le Mans rear lights go in what order?

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Hello HLM brethren. Wiring the six lamps in back . Whats the order of the lights? Indicator outside then Brake lamp middle and tail lamp innermost? Need help. THANKS. What are folks using for rear license plate lamps? Cheers.

Bobbytriumph

Donation Time
Great photo and many thanks. What about license lamps? Did they all have the center reflector? Mine seemed to have three lamps.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Any chance you can bring your Harrington to SUNI next month? That would make six of them there!

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jerry is that really the setup?? Very strange.

Normally a tail light/brake are in the same lens and indicator seperate... Also normally the indicator is the outside lens...

Your above has indicator and brake paired ... And on the inside.....

Im confused

Michael, I did a more thorough investigation and yes. The running light I believe is meant to be at the outer most edge and the most rear point as a marker light. The brake light is at the same location.

Lights and reflector are:
Outside - Running and Brake - 1157 bulb with two elements - small one for running/larger one (brighter) for brakes
Middle - Reflector
Inside - Turn signal - 1156 bulb

Good news, as I was checking the brake lights, they did not come on so I checked the bulb and found elements to be ok. When I prep the PHLM for SUNI I will figure this out.

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
What are you talking about!! The outside is the director and is orange in EU red in US. End of!
Jerry, you have mixed them up.

Last edited:

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I was hoping you would respond Jan. Too funny. When I restored the PHLM I obviously switch the brake/running light with turn signal when I put it back together. It is good Bobbytriumph brought up the question.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
P.S. Regarding the number plate lamp I think there is a centered bigger and 2 smaller holes in the upper rear rail above the plate. Check for a Lucas L534.

For the centre reflector yes they all used it. It's a very specific Lucas part and at least to my knowledge not available as a repro anywhere. Let me know if you need a pair :rolleyes:

Last edited: