• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dash brackets

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Again, I wish I took more pictures on disassembly:

Could some one take a couple of under dash pictures on a series II as to how the dash end of the brackets fix to the back side of the dash?
Dash bracket location left.jpg Dash bracket location right.jpg Dash brackets.jpg Dash viewed from right.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
In your picture the bracket with the piece that has a half circle mounts on the right side (Passenger) .

The half circle will be at the bottom. It is where the Bonnet Release connects.

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
I got that, but on the right side there's no bolt hole or stud at the back of the dash to attach to that end of the bracket.
On the left, the bracket hits on the speedo and again, if it did there's nothing to attach too.

It's all the same parts that came out so I'm missing something here.

Attachments

• left side issue.jpg
    left side issue.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 15
  • right side issue.jpg
    right side issue.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 15

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
problem solved, my bad, there's a stud on the left side and a threaded hold on the right. Black on black, in the dark.

PS: the dash rail studs only connect to the dash and not the brackets.

Thanks, good to know there's help out there.