• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Last Production Date for Tiger Mark 1A

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone know where I can find the specific production dates for the Mark 1A? Thanks for any help.

Rick

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Several guys have followed Norms path and got their own copies of the ledgers. Some cars have H/T as they were ordered with a hard top some say BRG some say Forest Green and more than one car has the same axle number, ask me how I know.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Several guys have followed Norms path and got their own copies of the ledgers. Some cars have H/T as they were ordered with a hard top some say BRG some say Forest Green and more than one car has the same axle number, ask me how I know.
How do you know? :D

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor

So Warren, how do you know?

Rick

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Many moons ago I bought an AC housing for 750.00 on ePay . After I got the contact information I asked the seller what else he had to sell that was Tiger related. He was very cagey and said he was parting out a car. The picture he showed me was of what looked to be a good rolling car.
He said he had a rear end for sale with the exact ratio I wanted with a fresh posi.
On several occasions he refused to answer the question about the VIN number for the car or the rear axle stamping.
I called my friend who lived 30 minutes away and he went and bought a gauge cluster and a bunch of other smalls.
Two weeks later I contacted him again and said give me the number of the rear axle. He changed the subject again...
Well then another week later I called again and said here's the number. Immediately I put the number by Norm and he said oh that's the same axle number from a stolen car and he sent me the picture.
To be continued...

Attachments

• d18a8d2.jpg
    d18a8d2.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
So after getting the picture I called the number for the stolen car. It was a red one and the parted out car was 86 and it disappeared according to my buddy who went back for more pickings...
I call Norm tell him I've been pulling my hair out as I thought I was buying stolen parts, and he said...
" Don't you know that some cars have the same axle number?"
My reply was how would I know that.
The story of that stolen car continues but I've took far enough off topic :)

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
Before Norm printed his book he ask for information.

I gave him a list of VIN numbers that I knew of.

When the book came out, some of the cars with VIN numbers that were on my list

ALSO had info that was LESS than complementary.

And guess what, at the END of the UNcomplimentary notes it said "Info from DW"

Needless to say, I had WORDS with Norm...

(as it turned out, the Providers of "Dirt" tended to NOT get full credit)

We also discussed this "same number as..." situation.

Norm basically blew it off as clerical errors, because the Jensen Ledgers were Hand written

And some writing was hard to read.

AND, if you look at things like the rear axle SN, it's VERY easy to miss read the numbers!

The stampings are WAY less than perfect on a lot of them!

DW