• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine: Kent (U.K.) Owner's Club meet 15/06/21

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
If you are looking for something to watch about Alpines here is some footage from last night's Kent Sunbeam Alpine Owner's Club meeting. It features a nice drive through the English countryside and some lovely Alpines including one that has a 2.0 Fiord Pinto engine and rack and pinion steering.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I enjoyed your video....

Now for Bob's SV, Very nice! Specifically, interested in the method of attaching/installing the windscreen.

I have recently purchased a windscreen after viewing one of your Video for my Blue Boy V6. Haven't yet figured an easy way to "fix" attachment points.

A review of your video:
Fitting a MINI Wind Deflector to a Sunbeam Alpine

is what started me wanting the screen. Have you done any more recent modifications to the brackets you first started with ? How did Bob get his done if different from yours ?

Can you provide me with some drawings you or Bob utilized in installation? Or perhaps, a kit availability?

Thanks kindly,

DanR

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Very nice! Do you guys really need to worry about someone stealing your Alpine at one of your gatherings? I haven't seen a steering wheel lock here in the U.S. for many years.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Dan,
On our car we welded brackets on when the car was in bare metal (as shown in the video). On many of the other cars the owners have bought a MINI wind deflector and then fabricated suitable brackets to work on their specific ar. Some are earlier Series with folding hood bins, some are Series V. I don't have any measurements, it is usually a case of trial and error until you get it fitting perfectly. I do thoroughly recommend fitting the wind deflector though, my wife loves it and we can just talk normally, top down at 70 mph.
Tim R

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Tim....I will make me some templates as a trial and error method, sure to get it right after all:)