• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Not getting email notifications

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just realized I'm but getting an email notification when a new thread is posted, or updated.
I checked my profile and everything looks correct. It lists my primary email I use every day.
I checked my spam box.
The correct boxes are checked to receive emails.

Can someone check this out?

Thanks.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Everything looks right on the back end. The only thing I can guess is that sometimes your Yahoos and your Googles, etc. block certain types of mail as potential spam (and doesn’t even send it to your spam folder), just blocks it at the server level.

I personally have never watched a forum for new threads, but I’m testing it now to see what it’s like (and see if it works for me). I’ve only watched threads.

The question is, did you receive an email about this post? Or just an alert in the top right corner?

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just an alert in the upper right corner.
No email in inbox or spam.

I see I do get conversation emails, as I've sent and received a few from sunalp recently.

I did notice something in my Yahoo mail.
At one time I set it to automatically send all SAOCA email to a folder SAOCA. I checked, but the emails aren't going there. In fact, the only emails there were from 2010-11. I searched SAOCA, which searches all of my email folders. Nothing current was found.

I'll remove that folder and see if anything changes.

I'm also in some other groups. I get email notifications. So I don't have to go to the site to check for messages and posts.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Very strange. I did get an email when you replied to this thread.

So far I haven’t gotten an email regarding the forum I followed as a test. But that’s most likely because no new threads have been posted to it.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
And I just got an email from the watched forum. So all is well on the server end of things.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
It seems that I am no longer getting any email notifications either

I just got an email alerting me to this message. So the system is working. Check your spam folder? Are you sure your email address associated with the club is your current email address?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes, did all that, the most recent alert that was not sent was for Brian's Build (Now I'm in for it)
Here is a screen shot.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 14

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
CAT has a newer version of this forum software. Some email providers are quicker than others. Gmail is like an hour to 3 or more. AOL is my junk account but was really fast and it'll ping constantly if left on.
Guys will use the notifications for for sale items for the first bite.