• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

what is something like this worth? - an Alger

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
1964 "Series 3", converted to 302/auto. (Engine(302 -AFB 4 barrel), Trans(C-4), all new Braking System (master cyl, all Hard Lines and Rubber. rebuilt Calipers/ Wheels Cylinders and adjusters. MGB Steering, New removable wheel steering column, New drive shaft. ALL "Totally" NEW, -O miles, New all aluminum Radiator w/10" electric fan, STARTS right up, Idles well, holds 60 psi oil). exhaust manifolds, pipes through the frame, Glass pack mufflers & tail pipes. Body is done, no rust/dents/dings, New 18 gauge galvanized floors,& trunk. - straight and solid. in black Urethane hot rod primer. Still very much a PROJECT. New Dash Pads and Gauges, Windshield & (rust free Frame). Carson top, clean open title. My Health and age are catching up to me. Just Curious, (besides whatever someone is willing to pay) LOL

Last edited:

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
It would depend a lot on the design and the quality of the work:
  • Firewall moved?
  • Where (height, front to back) is the engine mounted?
  • Other stuff too numerous to mention.
I suspect that even if I wanted it, which I don't, I wouldn't pay 50% of what is in it. Too many bad things can happen:
  • any or all of those "Totally NEW - never started" things may be done wrong
  • no title
If I wanted it, maybe between 2 -5K$, but I'm a cheapo.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
of course it's moved , couldn't get a small block into an alpine without doing it. firewall like tiger, engine trans mountedwhere it's supposed to be, but took out the tiger mounts and put in with an engine plate. NONE done "wrong". can never find Pics when I want them ! oh well.

Attachments

• DSC00639.JPG
    DSC00639.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00641.JPG
    DSC00641.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 180

alpine_64

Donation Time
If the replacement floors are just flat panels and rockers not compound curve that will lower value.

Auto less attractive to most buyers of this type of car.

Unfinished and needing interior paint etc.. Maybe sub 5k.... Jerry's finished auto alger went for 19k iirc.

As a side note you CAN fit a SBF into the engine bay without firewall mods and keeping the steering box.... The first proof of concept alpine v8 completed was a series II by ken miles with 260 stock steering and a 2 speed auto.... And lethal handling.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought my alger project half finished for $5k. The firewall and trans tunnel mods were finished. Body work had been done, but has since been redone. It came with a 302 and c4 trans mounted. It has headers. It required a full new interior.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Like you said.... never can find PIC's when you want them.. I know the feeling:)

In an earlier post you were asking about the wiring harness? Did you ever get one installed?

Are you contemplating selling your Alger? After all the trouble (gaining the experience) of get this far, just don't give up, put that extra effort into your planned Alger Project and see it thru. The enjoyment of the first ride will make it all worth while.

I can remember well my first outing in My Blue Boy V6..... Man what a nice feeling!

There were many more times to erase the trials and tribulations of getting to make that first ride.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Like you said.... never can find PIC's when you want them.. I know the feeling:)

In an earlier post you were asking about the wiring harness? Did you ever get one installed?

Are you contemplating selling your Alger? After all the trouble (gaining the experience) of get this far, just don't give up, put that extra effort into your planned Alger Project and see it thru. The enjoyment of the first ride will make it all worth while.

I can remember well my first outing in My Blue Boy V6..... Man what a nice feeling!

There were many more times to erase the trials and tribulations of getting to make that first ride.

I take the pics, put them into the "computer" and the computer files them away in a "Black Hole"!LOL ( neither myself or my wife can find them ! The "wiring" is almost done, just the Neg battery cable and 4 "switches" in the dash to be wired up. The Rocker Panels are correct" Curve", lip,& seam. and the front "Lower Panel" is straight, not all bent up like most are.(The Body is "straight", "seams" and all curves correct, Firewall is right. I was a body man for 40 years.(that was the easy part for me). I am not looking to sell it right now, but seems every day I feel alot OLDER, so I may or may not get it finished. as far as the engine/ trans mechanical's, I've been rebuilding engines, trans,AC, wiring, rear ends since 1964. (so to answer the "first comment", nothing was done wrong so there are no "surprises".)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I can't find some PIC's at times, then they appear !! Seems as if they are out in space:)

OneDrive has them and I did not put them there! Don't understand this crazy world of "puters"...

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
of course it's moved , couldn't get a small block into an alpine without doing it. firewall like tiger, engine trans mountedwhere it's supposed to be, but took out the tiger mounts and put in with an engine plate. NONE done "wrong". can never find Pics when I want them ! oh well.
Looks Nice

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I put a "small block" in an Alpine, not a V8 But a V6...... How's this look?

Runs nice too:)

Attachments

• Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021    FGEISSLER_2021_00127.jpg
    Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021 FGEISSLER_2021_00127.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021    FGEISSLER_2021_00007 (1).jpg
    Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021 FGEISSLER_2021_00007 (1).jpg
    229 KB · Views: 140

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
This is the back side! "Stubby" Yep! That is the part most see:)

Attachments

• Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021    FGEISSLER_2021_00217.jpg
    Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021 FGEISSLER_2021_00217.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021    FGEISSLER_2021_00022.jpg
    Blue Boy Greenville Meet May 15, 2021 FGEISSLER_2021_00022.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 110