• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nice HLM Article...

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting this Bernd. Great article about saving another Harrington. And a reminder for Harringtons and their owners to come to SUNI this year for the 60th anniversary of production!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Quite an old artcile, john was trying to sell the car a couple of years back , not sure he had much luck.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hadn't seen that article before...
The interesting part however is that the car appearantly came from Australia and was one of the US Show cars. The restoration could have been nicer though...
Eric, would love to come over for Suni this year if just Covid situation allows. Furthermore my HLM is still at the body shop. Body is done now and just trial fitted the door windows last weekend to give another reference for the roof to be mounted as next step. Regretting it, but seems it won't be finished in time for the Suni...

alpine_64

Donation Time
We actaully had about 7 HLM in Australia in the late 90s early 00's. Ian's blue Series A came down under in 2006 and the silver v6 HLM came here in about 2010 iirc.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Come to SUNI if you can and not bringing a Sunbeam with you is fine too. The Harrington count for SUNI is up to 4 so far! Hope to get the one and only Harrington Tiger to attend.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Come on over Bernd, it will be a blast. I will be there with my current project ( I hope). Black dash early Tiger.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bernd, Michael, Janne, Glen, I just registered for SUNI and will trailer the Promotional Harrington Le Mans. Any one of you are welcomed to come and stay with me in Washington State - take a cross country road trip - then fly out of Kansas City. Only room for one (1) guest.

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jerry, that's a great offer. Much appreciated. Believe Harrington Jan would be in first rank to take this option. But be assured I'm considering. Covid vaccination is unfortunately very slow over here...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey Jerry.. Would love to attend...but can't see myself getting on an external flight this year... Sweet FA chance on making it back to either home in a timely or gaurenteed manner....

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Jerry, that's a great offer. Much appreciated. Believe Harrington Jan would be in first rank to take this option. But be assured I'm considering. Covid vaccination is unfortunately very slow over here...
Hi Bernd,
I have a broken right leg at the moment, so I pass.

Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jan,

Oops, all the best then. Think there will be follower volunteers...

Last edited:

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jan, we would have been a great pair at SUNI VII what with your recovery from a broken leg and my recovery from back surgery. May your mending be rapid.

Michael, I thought it would be difficult for you to entertain any flight from your location. We will get together in the future.

If your up for the adventure Bernd let me know. I already booked a room at the Hilton with two beds.

SUNI VII [Share the passion, dedication and intrigue via Sunbeams and Rootes Marques]

Cheers
Jerry