• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gauges - 1962 SII

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Donation Time
Some time ago I decided I would swap out the mahogany dash that my brother made in 1981 for one with a little more professional looking finish (and with a glove box). I received the dash a couple months ago and finally got around to opening up the box. A very nice piece of work. Now I'm looking at all the extra holes in the dash as well as looking at my "tired" looking gauges and wondering does someone sell a replacement set of gauges as well as the additional missing gauges in order to fill in the dash. Or is there a go to place where you can send everything off for reconditioning? I've got one 1 medium sized gauge on the far left and one dead center that I have no idea what belongs there (yet). as well as three small holes below the one of the far left for some sort of switches. Since I'm putting this pretty dash in I'd like to put in a good looking gauge set.

Attachments

• Sunbeam dash.JPG
    Sunbeam dash.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 21

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It might be worth trying to clean up the ones you before you junk your existing gauges. I had a similar situation years ago when I installed a refinished Tiger dash in my SV. My old gauges suddenly looked really tired. I don't remember exactly what I did - other than that I found some advice online and followed it. The hardest part was removing the bezels, as the original rubber gasket tends to harden into something that often resembled JB Weld. They eventually work lose and the old gasket can be picked out of the bezel. The bezels can be polished with chrome polish and any gasket material stuck to the glass comes off with a razor blade. Windex then cleaned up the glass. As I recall, Windex also cleaned up the face surprisingly well (I don't think I sprayed it directly on the face; just on to the cleaning cloth) and didn't do any damage. I painted the needles, installed new gaskets (they are readily available on eBay and other places) and the results were striking. I recommend you give one a try and see if it is worth the effort on the rest.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Search through our Galley.... Here is one PIC
6272-0b066710abac61396ec6abaf2aad6cba.jpg

Fastback

Donation Time
If you contact Nisonger Instruments in NY (914-381-3600) and provide them the serial number on your gauge(s), they can provide you availability of new bezels and rubber rings. A square-cut o-ring goes between the glass and the gauge body, a round o-ring between the bezel and glass. Reassembly is tight; helps to wipe the round o-ring with a bit of diluted dish soap on a rag to remove the release compound. Good luck!

Wayne