• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now I'm in for it.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Since the car is soon to be painted, I decided I had better give the engine some attention. I did a leak down test on each of the cylinders, and for a cold engine, it seemed pretty good. I painted the engine and valve covers the darker ford blue. Here I have the carb and air cleaner sitting in place just to see how things look. The ignition is a single wire HEI set up from ebay. I like the smaller cap, it looks better on a ford if you ask me. I will mount the coil on the front of the drivers side head.20210314_122327.jpg
20210314_122338.jpg
I still have to drop the oil pan and check out the pump. That will come next. Once that is back together, I will mount the balancer and water pump.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I heard today that the car is in final primer and should have the color applied by this weekend. It has been at the shop for exactly 11 months.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Looking good!
You were obviously shaking with excitement in the first photo (blurry) and I can't blame you.
Fingers crossed they will get to it sooner than later.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Your Blue is much nicer to look at than the old blue car that shows up when you open the forum IMO.