• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SUNI Sunbeams United International 2021 info

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
SAOCA paid member sponsors received an email a few days ago surveying interest in having another SUNI to be held in the Lake of the Ozarks area of Missouri in September of 2021. Please complete this survey by July 15th so all the organizing clubs can see if this will happen and planning can begin. So far survey results are very positive! This will be a great opportunity to get together with lots of Sunbeam owners and see cars from all over the USA! More details to follow.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
There were a few members whose emails bounced back to the club, so please let us know if you didn't receive the survey.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
SAOCA paid member sponsors received an email a few days ago surveying interest in having another SUNI to be held in the Lake of the Ozarks area of Missouri in September of 2021. Please complete this survey by July 15th so all the organizing clubs can see if this will happen and planning can begin. So far survey results are very positive! This will be a great opportunity to get together with lots of Sunbeam owners and see cars from all over the USA! More details to follow.
Count me in

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Me too.
We will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Harrington Alpine at this SUNI!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry you didn't get to check out the survey. This will happen in 2021. I am the SAOCA representative
for the SUNI planning committee so let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions to make this event a great one.
All Rootes vehicles are welcome and they can be in any condition. Patina is welcome and respected! I will keep everyone informed as this event develops.
Eric

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Sorry you didn't get to check out the survey. This will happen in 2021. I am the SAOCA representative
for the SUNI planning committee so let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions to make this event a great one.
All Rootes vehicles are welcome and they can be in any condition. Patina is welcome and respected! I will keep everyone informed as this event develops.
Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
I hope so! We want to get as many Harringtons in one place to celebrate these fine cars.
Eric

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
Howdy folks. Thought I'd bring this item back up as it's now 2021. I found out about this meet just a few days ago.
Can anyone advise if it's a 'tentative go' at this point.? Hope so, need to get the hell out of the house.

Stay safe, be well.
Cris
ps. I booked a room to have something to look forward to.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Howdy folks. Thought I'd bring this item back up as it's now 2021. I found out about this meet just a few days ago.
Can anyone advise if it's a 'tentative go' at this point.? Hope so, need to get the hell out of the house.

Stay safe, be well.
Cris
ps. I booked a room to have something to look forward to.
I agree with you Cris I am going nuts being cooped up!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is what the president of TE/AE posted a few days ago on the CAT site:

"Reps from the six US Rootes clubs met via web conference a few weeks ago. Although COVID is still a concern we continue to plan for a Sep 13-17 2021 event. Host hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn Independence, MO. Room rate will be $109.00. We are hoping to open Registration around Apr 1st. We will continue to assess the COVID situation going forward. We are committed to holding an event that is safe for all. Come June we will need to start committing $$$$, so harder decisions will be made at that time. We can cancel and postpone to 2022 anytime before Aug 14, 2021."

I also posted this on another thread-let's keep all SUNI info and updates on this one

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not that I want to push this off a year, but I am almost certain I could have the car back together with another year to work on it. ;)

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just to add something we have said before: the event will only be held if we feel it will be safe for all members and, of course, if the host hotel is able to accommodate us. Still, we are all feeling pretty bullish at the moment and registration fees will be refunded if we need to move this to next year.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
There are some problems with the hotel registration link, it will offer 4 nights at the special rate and does not include the stay on Friday night. Hilton is working to fix this. I would suggest signing up for the 4 nights and adding the last night later on just so you are locked in to a room for SUNI. Lots of people have booked a room and you don't want to get left out! Or you can call the front desk directly at (816) 350-3000
Make sure you let them know you are registering for SUNI so you get the free breakfast and lower room rate of $109/night.

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Our refundable hotel room is reserved, and we are hoping it's a go. I've inquired with the committee to find out if the payment for our registration will be refunded if the event is a go, but the border is still closed at that time, and waiting for an answer. Hope it works because it will be interesting to see the cars and meet more of the group in person. We went to South Carolina for a reunion in 2019 and met a few of the members, and even took second prize in our group at the local British Car Show. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
I remember meeting you at our South Carolina Invasion-great to hear another Alpine is coming to SUNI.
The more the merrier!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Looking for...
A fly in meet up .
The plan would be to room share and rent a 2 to 4 seat car to drive to the event and drive spiritedly to the event and possibly on the auto events.
Too far to drive and tow vehicle is not in the motor pool.
Contact by PM please.