• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

CANCELLED!! March 27th Carolina British Classics Car Show, Columbia, SC

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I just found out, it has been cancelled. Really sorry to hear this. More info is here
https://tartandaysouth.com/
See y'all at SUNI? Fingers crossed.....

This is a great British car show that is held in conjunction with the Tartan Days South event. We won't call it an Invasion as in previous years as the once every 5 years SUNI event will be held this September and since our club is one of the SUNI sponsors, we have all agreed to forgo our annual event to encourage good SUNI attendance from the SAOCA.
So call it whatever you want-bring your Sunbeam to one of the first British car events to be held since the virus started!

Hotel info is listed below-we will have a parking lot swap meet all day on Friday March 26th.
And a visit to our favorite BBQ place is certainly going to happen too.....
See you soon!

Carolina British car days 2021.JPG

Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am really hoping SUNI goes forward, but at the same time am terrorized I won't have the car back together yet.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Seems also the Gathering at Dobson NC and the Wilmington British Car show are cancelled. Hopefully some shows later in the year will still happen.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Today would have been our Invasion's British car show at the Tartan Days South. It will be near 85 here today with a good chance of rain. And the yellow pine pollen is out now covering everything in sight. Yesterday we got thunderstorms and over one inch of rain too! Just saying all of this to make the pain of not having this Invasion for the second year in a row a little bit less....
Next year's Invasion will be on April 1st-3rd. I hope to get a Sunbeam drive in today before the rain starts and hope you can too.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Today would have been our Invasion's British car show at the Tartan Days South. It will be near 85 here today with a good chance of rain. And the yellow pine pollen is out now covering everything in sight. Yesterday we got thunderstorms and over one inch of rain too! Just saying all of this to make the pain of not having this Invasion for the second year in a row a little bit less....
Next year's Invasion will be on April 1st-3rd. I hope to get a Sunbeam drive in today before the rain starts and hope you can too.
April, hey - we might be able to drive two, count 'em, one, two Alpines! to your shindig. Would that be something?
Bill

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
An absolutly beautiful drive to South Carolina from Ontario. Thinking about next years show. Gives me some time to get the car in order.
Just may tow it down though this time.

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes I talked to Doug he is hoping Higgins farm will have his gathering in the fall, MMGCC had a 3 club ride down to Beaver's Den rt 97 SC 2 clubs from NC and 1 from Columbia SC got to keep them on the road