• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine or tiger Front Brake LINES ? does anyone sell repo steel or copper front brake lines?

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Alpine or tiger Front Brake LINES ? does anyone sell "repo" steel or copper front brake lines? All I am able to find is brake line by the "ROLL" with a bag of "generic fittings". I know "at Least" both Front Steel lines used a SPECIAL female end to attach to the hose. (maybe rear also ?) who is a retailer that sells SUNBEAM parts and actually Has the parts (In the USA) don't see anything at MOSS, Victoria British seems to be limited, can't find a catalog for sunbeam specialties. Any company that offers a "Hard copy catalog" ??

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Go to Harbor Freight and buy a bubble flare tool, then go to your local NAPA store and get a roll of 3/16" brake line and the end fittings, then make them yourself. If you need the female fittings anyone with a parts car in the back has them.

alpine_64

Donation Time
OK, but I don't believe I'm Familiar with RICK. Got a number ?
To quote scotty from a few posts above..... He did give website.... Instruction to download the pdf and a phone number..... And said you can order a hard copy catalog... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rick at SS should.

Go to http://www.rootes.com

Press on "New Catalog Published September 2016". That will open up their catalog.

Or just call them: 1-408-371-1642 (They're PST btw).

If you want a hardcopy, just print out their catalog. It should be a PDF file and you should be able to print it out after you open it on your screen.

Hope this helps.

- Scott"

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
don't they sell the female ends NEW ? they used to.

There are adapters out there that will work to put the two male ends together. They're not like stock but can
be made to work. A good auto parts store, possibly NAPA should be able to help.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I bought my brake parts here. He also built me the flex lines in DOT SS, the rear ones are built to go to my Mazda rear brakes with no adapters. I built all the hard lines using SS line and a Eastwood brake flaring tool, I would not use a Harbor Freight tool for brakes.
Ol Phartz Partz
34835 Avenue D
Yucaipa, CA 92399
909-570-4322
www.olphartz.com
RIMG0577-XL.jpg

RIMG0402-XL.jpg

ALC 68A

Donation Time
In the UK, the company Automec www.automec.co.uk/ sells brake pipe kits and hoses in RHD and LHD for the various different Alpine series and they will ship to the US. For example:

Brake Pipe Set Sunbeam Alpine Series V (LHD)
GL5697
Regular price £118.24