• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Movie Car!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I was watching TCM's "Witness to Murder" (1954) tonight and what do I see, but a '53 Hillman Minx Mark VI convertible! The protagonist, played by Barbara Stanwyck, drives the car several times in the movie.

I grabbed these photos from imcdb.org as I couldn't grab them from the TV very well...

i487189.jpg

b4.jpg

hill2.jpg

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Kevin,

Possibly an interesting movie, but all I found was the trailer. Both the car and movie are before my time. I'm not sure I've ever seen the movie or a Rootes-mobile older than a SII Rapier. I probably would have thought the Hillman familiar, but would have needed to research for an ID.

I do think it interesting that few to none of the autos have license plates attached.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
If your cable subscription includes Turner Classic Movies (TCM) channel, you can watch it on the WatchTCM site for free. You just need to confirm your cable subscription. It’s available now and until January 30 on their list of available films... after that it will be unavailable until they screen it again.

https://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/movies/17848/Witness-to-Murder/

It’s actually a pretty good film. It reminded me a lot of a Hitchcock film. Indeed, the plot was much like Rear Window and was released only a month prior to Rear Window.

Last edited:

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
If your cable subscription includes Turner Classic Movies (TCM) channel, you can watch it on the WatchTCM site for free. You just need to confirm your cable subscription. It’s available now and until January 30 on their list of available films... after that it will be unavailable until they screen it again.

Kevin,

Thanks for the info, but little streaming and no cable or dish, just an antenna. o_O :)