• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Detailed Engine Bay Reference Photos

NewKidOnTheBlock

Donation Time
Hello everyone,
I have recently inherited a 67 SV, however my father-in-law was ... let's call it "mid rebuild" when he passed. The whole car was entirely torn apart and I can't wrap my head around what all goes where. I was attempting to help him on the weekends but wasn't around for much of any of the engine bay work. I want to get it back up and running because it was his goal before he passed and I want to make sure it gets done.

To get to the point, I can't seem to find detailed enough photos of the engine bay to get everything back together properly. I've tried reading things but I'm more visual so it hasn't really stuck in my head. I would really appreciate any help here I can get.

It would be a bonus if anyone here has photos of how they did the weber conversion as that was one of the mods he wanted to do before it was back on the road.

Thanks

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
In the Gallery, I have posted many photos of my series V. Here's a direct link to the album: http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?media/albums/mike-hartmans-series-v-restoration.12/

Send me a Private Message with specific questions, and maybe some phone time would be more efficient at times.

I still have the original Strombergs, but you will find many threads on the forum about switching to Webers. Try the forum search option.

I inherited my series V, too. Wish I had more time to discuss the car with my father ahead of time. :)

Mike

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
What part of California are you from? Lots of us out here. Sometimes looking at a car will help a lot.

Jim

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
If you go to The Sunbeam Alpine Channel on YouTube there are over 70 videos covering all manner of jobs that we have done on Alpines. If you are going to get the car up and running there is a lot there that will help you, please subscribe to the channel (it is free) and you will be notified when new videos are posted.
Several of our cars have the owner's club Weber conversion from Alpine Innovations and it is shown in various videos on the site. The cars are right hand drive but much of the engine bay layout is similar. The video of driving a Series V that was published yesterday features a red Series V that has the club Weber conversion on and absolutely flies.

Tim R

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9bNv4byJ3EjfBpUv2r9DVQ