• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Font Size

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
On the Forum 'Index' page is it possible to have a slightly larger, darker, clearer font. Especially on the right side where it shows who and when the last post was posted. Had my eyes checked, they are ok, :)

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
On the Forum 'Index' page is it possible to have a slightly larger, darker, clearer font. Especially on the right side where it shows who and when the last post was posted. Had my eyes checked, they are ok, :)

If you look in the bottom left corner of the window, you’ll see the site style (I can’t tell you what to look for, because it changes based on what style you’re set on). You can select the one that works best for your eyes. SAOCA Site Style High Contrast seems to work best for a lot of folks. If there’s enough outcry, I can explore a larger font version, but keep in mind there are about 200 settings in each style to change behind the scenes, and what might fix one readability problem may cause three others).

Here’s what I see (but keep in mind that I have more than everyone, because when we converted to the current site software, I was experimenting with different site design options that were never published):
BA3B8CA5-BBD1-4C3F-BE38-0A1269F7C5D0.jpeg

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
In Windows, simultaneously pressing the Ctrl and +/= keys will increase the font size in the current browser window and simultaneously pressing the Ctrl and -/underline keys will decrease the font size. The font color and style are not affected, but it is a quick / easy way to change the font size without having to log in. Don't know if this works with other OS's.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Don't know if this works with other OS's.
I'm a Mac guy. Control +/- increases the size of the entire window. So, the font increases along with everything else on the screen. It is often a quick and easy way to make something more visible, although I generally find making all of the graphics larger to be annoying.