• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SI-SII Hardtop Detail

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm in the process of restoring the hardtop for my SI project and have a question about the weather stripping on the front edge of the top (where it meets the windshield frame). The parts diagram shows a header rail (E261) and a header rail weather strip (E213) both of which were missing when I acquired my hard top. The piece which is the rubber seal between the hard top and windshield is available from various sources.

Could anyone describe the the header rail and its weather strip?....some good pictures would be even better...I think the rail itself can be easily fabbed using the similar piece form the soft top as a pattern...not sure what the weather stripping that goes under it is comprised of.

I'm attaching the parts drawing as a reference.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sunbeam hardtop.PNG
    sunbeam hardtop.PNG
    228.7 KB · Views: 26

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I am rebuilding my series 2 hardtop now and I think that part is the same as the soft top. My top is at my friends shop so I can't get a picture right now.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'm sure the hard top & soft top rails & seals are the same. No pictures are necessary, just look at your soft top.
Jan

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
All series use the same soft top to windshield seal and series 1 and 2 use that same seal for the hard tops SS part #AT57. Series 3,4 and 5 hard tops use a different seal SS part # HT50.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Part number 212 is the rubber seal for the hardtop and 198 is the rubber seal for the soft top. Both are the same as shown superseded in the Parts Manual. Part number 213 is the metal retainer for the seal for the hardtop and 199 for the soft top. These should be the same. Part number 261 is the trim piece for the hardtop headliner. U-shaped and textured material. Shown on Plate F - Section YV 260-261. Hope this helps. I do not know if number 261 is available or not.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Part number 261 is the trim piece for the hardtop headliner. U-shaped and textured material. Shown on Plate F - Section YV 260-261. Hope this helps. I do not know if number 261 is available or not.

I’m pretty sure that 261 isn’t available nor is 213...I can fab 213 using the soft top piece as a pattern. Would you happen to have a picture of 261?...sounds like it might just be common wind lace from your description.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Part 213 is the same as a soft top and should be easy to find a used one, it would be hard to fab one. I have one I can take a picture of, if you need it.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Part 213 is the same as a soft top and should be easy to find a used one, it would be hard to fab one. I have one I can take a picture of, if you need it.
I have a soft top piece for reference....have just been wanting to confirm it’s the same for hard top....making one isn’t all that difficult with some proper metal shaping tools...English wheel, etc...I’m more interested in figuring out the Part 261 weatherstrip piece now.