• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NetFlik - Rust Bros - Restoration and modification with V6 -

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is out of a TVR 280i. Same used in a 84 Capri. The intake is a Bosch fuel injection setup, missing the top and rest of the components. Found a replacement 2 bbl intake close to home.

Attachments

• IMG_3114.JPG
    IMG_3114.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 49
  • PA310009.JPG
    PA310009.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 49

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Al, Can you change out the heads to the Siamese type and utilize the straight back headers I build?

If you are able to use a Mutt II intake , you should surely be able to swap the heads.....

Do you have a spare exhaust gasket?

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan-I have a 84 Ford Ranger 2.8 with carb & heads to interchange. I would have to look in the box for the gasket. Will have to order the slave clutch bracket for the Mutt II bellhousing. The orange V6 pictured is a 2.6 out of a Capri needs a timing gear, never know when I or someone else might need for a conversion. Have the replacement gears, just need to check compression after gear change.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Probably too correct to have eye candy for toxic gendered types either. It always LoL when a crisis holds up something. Crisis or stuff breaking while it comes apart or goes back together is part of the challenge ...

Dan Moore

Donation Time
In the pic of the 2.6 v6 the front cover looks just like the timing cover on the 2.8 and they use the same water pump so why doesn,t it fit or will it maybe a new source ???
Dan

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
They are the same, They are the same family of the cologne V6 used in the 70’s. Capri’s, pintos, mustang II had european style 2 exhaust ports/heads. Rare stateside but were used by ford. The Capri & TVR V6 I have do not have any pollution equipment on them just PVC valve. -Al

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan’s kit works great with it but the Stock exhaust manifold hit the steering box. Will probably switch to the Ranger heads and DanR's straight back headers.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I finally had a chance to watch the show. While I would have much preferred it to be more about the car and less about the characters, it was still fun to see. And, what a great shout out to Dan R! Nice going Dan. Did they send you the photos they promised?

I just have one question: In what part of America are V6 Alpines selling for $40-50,000?

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Not even in Canadian currency. All part of the hype in these shows. As in American Pickers, buddy wants
Maybe in Canadian currency? TV restos always seem to go for more than real life. TV world has some very
wealthy customers!

$100 for something and one of the pickers might say, oh you are a little light on that, I’ll give you $150. Yeah right! These shows are mostly phoney.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
I take the show for what it is. Their enthusiasm makes me get up and work on my IV. I don't expect much out of TV and I like the fact that they foreshadowed the Alpines in a few episodes and then we got a Series I spotlighted and a V6 put in after that beautifully dressed engine ran. Good promotion for our marque imo with a 'little' help from DanR :)

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I finally watched the show the other day. Much like everyone else, I would have prefered more car fab scenes and less fabricated family drama.