• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber Help

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
The one millionth Weber Help Thread, CELEBRATE!

All kidding aside, I bought one from SS and it was put on my 1725 without being tuned, resulting in my car rough idling and I believe it's a big reason I was stalling like a mother yesterday that resulted in my battery issue. I was fretting about going through the charging system, followed the line from the battery box to the Generator and it all looks ok and when I got in and tried to start it, and Chitty came on with very little effort. Yes. That car told me it's her name. What can I do?

For those who have bought a Weber from SS and put it on your 1725, how many turns did you do to make it idle smooth? Mine runs rough at idle and has a kind of lawn mower sound going for it; it wants to run but not having enough gas is making it fight abit. It acts right when I give it some gas. I have NEVER set a carb in my life and I've heard there's a screw that adjusts it, so please talk to me like a five year old and please teach me how to set it. Much love!

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
There will be an idle adjust screw on the weber, but when you bought the kit did you switch from.strombergs? Have you switched manifolds.

Make sure you dont have a Vac leak at the head to manifold.. Did you use a 1 or 2 part gasket? Is it mounted the correct direction?

Do you have the metal guide rings on cyl 1 and 4? Are they seated right?

Are you running a pheolenic spacer under the carb?

Of all above is ok.

I'd screw the idle adjutsment all the way in then back out 1.5 turns and see how it runs. Then adjust in 1/4 turn increments.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
There will be an idle adjust screw on the weber, but when you bought the kit did you switch from.strombergs? Have you switched manifolds.

Make sure you dont have a Vac leak at the head to manifold.. Did you use a 1 or 2 part gasket? Is it mounted the correct direction?

Do you have the metal guide rings on cyl 1 and 4? Are they seated right?

Are you running a pheolenic spacer under the carb?

Of all above is ok.

I'd screw the idle adjutsment all the way in then back out 1.5 turns and see how it runs. Then adjust in 1/4 turn increments.

I originally had Stroms but those were swapped out for a Weber when the engine was rebuilt (had the manifold for it and the whole nine yards, came with the 1592 along with two thrown rods that were in my SIV when I bought it). When I had the brakes done earlier this year I was having a seriously gas leak from the Carb and it looked like hell, so I decided to buy a new one from Rick and had the mechanic put it on. It all looks to be there but I'll make sure tomorrow and report back. Thank you!

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Do you have a DCD or DGV Weber? On my 28/32DGV I found a tiny brass adjuster underneath that is critical to tick over. The DCD doesn't have one.

Once I found that and managed to get a tiny screwdriver onto it I was able to set it in a few seconds.

Tim R

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
It is underneath and you have to use a tiny screwdriver to come up to it. It is not obvious! I will try to get a photo or diagram for you.