• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheels.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Maybe a long shot, but before I go buy new wheels, does anyone have a set of 13" X 5.5" minilite/panasport style wheels they want to sell?

Thanks.

Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, Out of curiosity why not go for 14" (or 15") while you are changing out wheels? Availability of the 13's seem to be getting more difficult.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
The project I bought came with 4 new in the box 14" Panasports. If I was buying some for a new project, I would go with 15s because of the wider selection of tires available.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
If I was starting from scratch, I definitely would go with bigger wheels, and I haven't completely ruled it out yet. Unfortunately I have a bit of a dilemma. My intention all along was to run wire wheels. I have decent hubs and 2 full sets of wheels to choose from. I figured I should be able to find one good set from 10 wheels. Well, every one had spoke ends which are rusted to the point that you will never be able to tighten them or true the wheels up. Long story short, even though I love the look of wires, they gotta go. It's not worth the cost and ongoing hassle to get new hubs and wire wheels. So, the problem is that I have new (maybe 1000 mile) 13" tires. Do I want to throw out a few hundred dollars worth of tires and buy new ones along with wheels, or do I want to hopefully wear these ones out (or replace due to age in 10 or so years) and worry about finding new 13" tires then? A used set of wheels (of whatever size) would make it an easier decision for sure.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike, Post you wanted ad on a Tiger forum... Heaps of tiger guys moved away from 13" alloys and would have them sitting under the bench.

Try TEAE and CAT

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
If your looking for 14 or 15" smoothies, try wheelvintigues
New wheels, ready for paint for less than $100 each.

Bill