• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Joel, Thanks! I've always used resonator tips on the rear for a quieter, deeper tone. Seems to get rid of droning sound also.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
THANKS PROCRAFT, I saved this pix for when I "Tilt" mine. I can't weld for %#$@ overhead...and I have tried. Almost 30 years with a very nice MIG made me think I could weld. My stick welds are getting better but a MIG or TIG sure looks prettier.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jim. Got them from Summit tried one then two, didn't, like any of it finally redid the whole thing and used turbo mufflers,and ran the whole mess out the back, I'm going to put two on Nick's deal
and run the pipes out the back.12" cherry bombs by the way.

Wait.... What?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
So what car did the exhaust pics come from? Don’t the mufflers bottom out? I run Magnaflows on my Crown Vic; no drone. But how much drone would you get from a V6?

Charles Johns

Donation Time
If I could weld as good as you I might weld every opening under the car. My welds get good penetration but after my MIG, my stick work sucks. What hurts is a friend was a certified pipe welder on the Alaska pipeline, and his stick welds were nicer looking than my MIG. Joe Tigert was his name and he said penetration is most important if you can't make pretty welds. But be sure you have enough material to grind it to a nice looking weld. That is one reason I appreciate good looking work.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Joel, You know, those silver things inside the front coil springs. Stock springs or lowered? I want to see how you did the lower mounts.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Re: the Offy manifold

I gave Joel wrong information. It is used and had been on a car. It that's not the whole story

I got it in 2007 when I bought everything a guy had but decided not to complete his conversion. I then stored 10 years ago and I opened it up today. After inspecting it, I have I discovered too many issues with it. Going to need helicoils in several places on the top component. Lower is fine.

I deleted the post in Parts for sale.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
"What will happen to Series 6.2 in our next exciting episode? Stay tuned"

(Code named Critter)