• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Throttle body fuel injection that matches intake?

mr.vman

Donation Time
Interesting link, Holley Sniper throttle body fuel injection. What is even more interesting is, the Jeep throttle body appears to have the bolt pattern as the early Weber carburetor cars. At least that is what I am finding so far. Perhaps use the orginal Ford aluminum intake manifold (with some minor modifications). Minus the EGR or 90 degree adapter. Curious if others have looked into this system? There is also a throttle body that fits the large and small Rochester two barrel carburetors. Throttle body for large Holley two barrel also.
Link;
Steve V. V6 in Arizona
https://www.holley.com/products/fue...efi/sniper_efi_bbd_for_jeep_cj/parts/550-860K

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I am not familiar with any TBI setup that bolts to a weber DG/DF intake. Not sure what Jeep app you are talking about, the 4.2 and 4.0 6 cyl jeeps went straight from carb to multipoint EFI, they skipped TBI. Perhaps some 5.2 or 5.9 V8 used a 2bbl TBI but it will be much larger than the small weber.
Ford and others had a 2bbl setup that matched the large 2bbl (like motorcraft 2100/2150 or holley 2300 carbs). GM also had a 2bbl TBI that matches some rochester 2bbl. TBI is not awesome in terms of any characteristic of fuel injection other than it is programmable with an aftermarket computer. I'd keep any carb over a 2bbl TBI.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Carter BBD and the Sniper version has a different bolt pattern than the Weber. There is an adapter that is used to replace the Carter with the Weber on the Jeep. The small base Rochester is different also. All are smaller than the Holley/Autolite.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Just cut the center out of the offrnhauser manifold and it'll be a single plane. Either use the Mr Gasket adaptor to use the Sniper 550 849 or make an adaptor,the Mr gasket deal raises the FI so may be a problem in my world im making my own adaptor plate.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel, Pictures?
Not yet. Actually might clip a 1/2 " off the surface then just Tig the plate on kind of like offenhauser said when I talked to them. Also the manifold has a divider just like the stock one,however there is a 1" space in the middle this needs to be filled ,simple deal Tig a piece of ally to bridge the gap!

mr.vman

Donation Time
Offenhauser made a two barrel upper adapter. Team Bltz has them. Why not use the Ford Two Barrel aluminum intake. Make an adapter plate between the intake manifold and Throttle Body? I have been considering this. Hood clearance is an issue for me.
Steve V.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Offenhauser made a two barrel upper adapter. Team Bltz has them. Why not use the Ford Two Barrel aluminum intake. Make an adapter plate between the intake manifold and Throttle Body? I have been considering this. Hood clearance is an issue for me.
Steve V.
Looks like you answered your own question about hood clearance,what I said in my post was the same thing,you can use the stock manifold and you'll still have to have an adaptor,and by the way the part # I posted is what Holly recommends ror the 2.8 motor.

mr.vman

Donation Time
Procraft, Could be we are both interested/working on the Holley Sniper two barrel injection using a modified stock intake? If so, the larger Sniper two barrel (550 849) has larger flange, than the Rochester or "Jeep" two barrel TBIs. This could cause throttle arm interference on the rocker cover, hence looking at the smaller TBIs. But only the mounting flange is larger, throttle plates appear about the same diameter? All support 350 horsepower. The; 550 849 Sniper flows; 350 CFM no information on the others yet. Talking to Holley on this. If using the smaller flange TBIs. On the stock Ford mounting flange. Thinking of screwing in aluminum threaded inserts, into the present carburetor mounting flange holes. Milling flat. That would leave a surface ready for redrilling and taping for new pattern.
Looked into milling the top of the stock manifold off, welding a four barrel adapter on. Problem is, there are two intake hold down bolts to deal with that, would be in the flange location (locat bolts to intake floor?).
For me, TBI is about getting clearance and drivability. Yes, I could just install another Weber two barrel but that would be without problems. I do have the Offenhauser with the four barrel carburetor. From the air filter base to the bottom of the hood, clearance is; 3 1/2 inch, above the choke horn is even less. Also considered removing the choke horn, and having no choke on the Holley carburetor for hood, and some type of air filter clearance. But......I need another inch of ground clearance. The engine needs to move up.
The car is not an Alpine, it is a Marcos. This particular car used the Ford V6. Using the site for engine information. Thank you for the help.
Steve V.