• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vents

alpine_64

Donation Time
I assume the vents sold for the LAT option were just for looks.

The vents would be far more useful functionality up higher.. Much of the hot air gets trapped up near the top of the ledge of the firewall.

When they rallied and raced tigers they would cut them in and duct to the inner joint at the top of the guard and scuttle on the vetical panel.

The hollywood sports car tiger was the first one to run the vents and they went parallel to that area.. Just under where the script goes.

Joel has placed his more towards that area... Given heat rises.. Seems silly the LAT vents were mounted where the extraction point is lower than the point where the heat originates
5524342.gif

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
If you look at the Hollywood deal you'll see they are cut back into the firewall? also admittedly they are above the script,
I however as usual don't care about the script. As you say about the "Cobra" or Lat41 vent it seems to be for show in some cases,however I've seen them above the script while most are below the badge.A Cobra has a vast area behind the fender the vent is just behind the fender and pulls the air from there keep in mind that the vent is only 2" wide any way I'll just carry on with what I'm doing.

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you look at the Hollywood deal you'll see they are cut back into the firewall? also admittedly they are above the script,
I however as usual don't care about the script. As you say about the "Cobra" or Lat41 vent it seems to be for show in some cases,however I've seen them above the script while most are below the badge.A Cobra has a vast area behind the fender the vent is just behind the fender and pulls the air from there keep in mind that the vent is only 2" wide any way I'll just carry on with what I'm doing.
Joel yours will be effective.. The HSC car had them just below the svript but parallel to the triangular zone in the engine bay.

Yours would apprar to be right at and above script level.. So will be very effective.

The rally cars went high.. Effective... But not to pretty ...

images

65beam

Donation Time
Joel,
There Ya Go! Those that have not read the article in the current TE/AE news letter concerning Joel's life in racing should read it. It may enlighten you on why he does fabrication like this.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel yours will be effective.. The HSC car had them just below the svript but parallel to the triangular zone in the engine bay.

Yours would apprar to be right at and above script level.. So will be very effective.

images

images
I did this on the yellow Tiger mine were above the script and the trim. These are right in the middle of the script.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Joel,
There Ya Go! Those that have not read the article in the current TE/AE news letter concerning Joel's life in racing should read it. It may enlighten you on why he does fabrication like this.
Whi is questioning why he did it like this?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Joel,

I'd love to read that. Would appreciate a scan of the article

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
For all the years that I've known Joel I don't think I could say he conforms to the norm when it comes to building a car. He seems to look for a way to improve. Joel, Do you know where the yellow car is today? Didn't it go to Europe?
The yellow car is in Ohio somewhere, The Orange car went to Germany.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
I assume the vents sold for the LAT option were just for looks.

The vents would be far more useful functionality up higher.. Much of the hot air gets trapped up near the top of the ledge of the firewall.

When they rallied and raced tigers they would cut them in and duct to the inner joint at the top of the guard and scuttle on the vetical panel.

The hollywood sports car tiger was the first one to run the vents and they went parallel to that area.. Just under where the script goes.

Joel has placed his more towards that area... Given heat rises.. Seems silly the LAT vents were mounted where the extraction point is lower than the point where the heat originates
5524342.gif
It might be of interest to go to Dale's Restorations web site lookup the cars and you'll find the Hollywood Sports Car Tiger the pictures show the vent pretty clearly.

alpine_64

Donation Time
It might be of interest to go to Dale's Restorations web site lookup the cars and you'll find the Hollywood Sports Car Tiger the pictures show the vent pretty clearly.[/QUOTEjoel year ago dale used to have tens of photos of thr tear down of the hsc car and rebuild. Had closeups of all the details pre and post. Sadly that archive seemed to have beem taken down a few years back.

65beam

Donation Time
It might be of interest to go to Dale's Restorations web site lookup the cars and you'll find the Hollywood Sports Car Tiger the pictures show the vent pretty clearly.
Joel, I have to say that all the times I saw the Hollywood car at events I never paid attention to the size of the vents. The photo of the fender of the Hollywood car gives a good indication of the size of the vent. Are yours about the same size?

65beam

Donation Time
I have photos of the car taken at various TE/AE meets over the years. Some probably date back to the early 80's. Bill didn't have the engine installed so it was always a car that had to be pushed.