• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vents

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
Good idea. Here is my previously owned FFR cobra. Black on black Vent make it hard to see the vents.

29D636FC-376F-490C-8DC3-274AE3EC8CC7.jpeg

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
These will probably not be anything like the Cobra Vents, I'm not having any cooling problems,just want to draw more air thru.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I would expect flaps that open during driving or a warning label may be required to keep the chitlins from reaching in ;)

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Of course I thought the wink and the smile would let you know that I expect and have seen really good work from you and was just pulling your leg about the warning label.
But now that I think of it I can hear guys standing around saying why he put in those vents so he could reach those back spark plugs ... :)

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
have a set of reproduction Tiger LAT 41 fender vents that I plan to install.
I have a set of the same vents. Please post your progress in a new thread, if you get there before I do. I'll do the same in the unlikely event that I beat you to the saw.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Of course I thought the wink and the smile would let you know that I expect and have seen really good work from you and was just pulling your leg about the warning label.
But now that I think of it I can hear guys standing around saying why he put in those vents so he could reach those back spark plugs ... :)
There ya go.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a set of the same vents. Please post your progress in a new thread, if you get there before I do. I'll do the same in the unlikely event that I beat you to the saw.
I found a link with the instruction and measurements for installation. I saved a copy of the instructions.

sd_pace

Donation Time
I put a set in a while back, made a tunnel from the engine bay and added little fans to pull the heat out, it helped a lotvents.jpg

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Are the fins in your vents welded to the inside of the surround? Mine just have the tabs that pass through the surround welded on the outside.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
As luck would have it, now I can’t find it. I will keep looking. Hopefully I printed it and stored it with the vents.

Last edited:

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I saved a bunch of them when I bought my vents and am glad I did, as they seem to have disappeared from the web. Here is what I have:
vent measurements 3.jpg vent measurements 4.jpg vent measurements 5.jpg vent measurements 6.jpg vent measurements.jpg

Attachments

• vent measurements 2.jpg
    vent measurements 2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 9

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Last edited:

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor