• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrington C-Series Restauration...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
If only my school french would be better :rolleyes:. Occasional weird approaches but somewhat entertaining:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Would be worth a link on the Harrington Homepage ;)

Don't wanna be over picky, but some things disturb me such as the grill condition (specifically the top bar), bonnet fit and the wrong orientation of the bumperettes. There are more flaws, but it's a nice car. What made me almost crazy however was how they removed the diff pinion seal :confused:

P.S. Didn't know that Franck also had a C-Series...

Harrington Jan

Donation Time

Don't wanna be over picky, but some things disturb me such as the grill condition (specifically the top bar), bonnet fit and the wrong orientation of the bumperettes. There are more flaws, but it's a nice car. What made me almost crazy however was how they removed the diff pinion seal :confused:

Will do! car belongs to Marie Celine

Harrington Jan

Donation Time

To be picky, wrong hub caps and there should not be a Harrington/England badge on fender but never mind, it's her car and is allowed to do whatever

65beam

Donation Time
If you look at the wheels when they first show the car in the shop you'll notice it had wire wheels. The finished restoration has the early steel wheels which went away with series 2 #9107291 so that could account for the early caps. If memory serves me right weren't all series C built on bodies with VIN's starting with 911? It seems they may have picked up a set of earlier wheels and caps in order to make the switch away from the wires. Doing it her way made for a really nice looking car.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks for enabling the link...

P.S. Marie-Celine tells me something. Didn't she own a C- Series already ?

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Thanks for enabling the link...

P.S. Marie-Celine tells me something. Didn't she own a C- Series already ?
All C's are late production cars and this is the latest so Alpine Series II wheels are correct. This is her only car! The earlier wheels W/W were bolted on.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I enjoyed watching them fabricate some pieces..... which is or could be applicable to all Sunbeams.

65beam

Donation Time
All C's are late production cars and this is the latest so Alpine Series II wheels are correct. This is her only car! The earlier wheels W/W were bolted on.
The steel wheels now on the car based on the openings appear to be early series 2. I wonder how many owners have a Sunbeam as their only car?

Limey

Donation Time

The rain gutter should be body colour and I'm not sure about the door mirrors.. But I'm not the owner. I just wish Jeff had offered it to me first :(;)

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Would have been a nice addition to your Harrington Alpine ;). Did Jeff find it ? What was the original British number plate?

65beam

Donation Time
The photos on the Harrington site show the series C cars with unpainted rain gutters. The series C was being built while the LeMans was still in production. I wonder if they're the same as the ones used on the LeMans. Anybody know?

Limey

Donation Time
I have too many cars/projects but would have made room for that one. I'm planing the Ashley hard top (hatch-back) Alpine but that will be the last Alpine I do (I have to use up all the spares parts and the Californian body I accumulated);) My business has stayed open during Covid so I was not able to get ahead as I had thought I might so it's weekends and evenings only.

Keep well my friend

Limey

Donation Time
The photos on the Harrington site show the series C cars with unpainted rain gutters. The series C was being built while the LeMans was still in production. I wonder if they're the same as the ones used on the LeMans. Anybody know?

Noted - I stand corrected on the rain gutters. Polished ali or clip on S/steel ?

65beam

Donation Time
I seem to remember LiBrandi's telling us that they are anodized aluminum. But that was 10 years ago.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks. Appearantly not in your registry (yet). Would it make number 13 of all identified Series C's now ?