• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What are these? Tappet cover bolts.

Mark B

Donation Time
Hello all-

In light of being on lockdown, I have found the time to dig out an old engine to re-furbish/re-build, which has been somewhere low on the to-do list for a long time. In taking in apart, the tappet cover had these style of screws/fasteners which I was not familiar with. Just 2 of them on the entire cover. What are they?

Also, how do you edit the registry? My data in there is 20 years old and not accurate any longer.

Thanks,

MB

Attachments

• IMG_3134.jpg
    IMG_3134.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3133.jpg
    IMG_3133.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 67

mikephillips

Donation Time
Look like something perhaps to secure a brace of some type. I've never run across them on the Alpine engines I've dealt with. What's the serial number on the block?? might be something specific to the car/series it came from.

Filister

Gold Level Sponsor
These are carburettor linkage ball joints. Probably just used because they had the right size bolts. Possibly some other use but thats all I've seen.

Mark B

Donation Time
Thanks! The serial on the block is B395002762 LRX. Appreciate the inputs as I had not ever seen these either.

MB

Mark B

Donation Time
Brilliant idea and great position for them. Should have them installed today.

Thanks Mike, for the instructions as well.

MB