• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Queen's English Car Show

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
This years' Queen's English car show at Woodley Park is on Sunday, April 7th 9-4
The CAT Club usually has a great turn out of Tigers and a few Alpines
So if you are in SoCal, bring our your car!!!!

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I'll be there...… Gad, as a CAT Member, I may have to park my Alpine with those "Americanized Cousins" Yikes!!!!!! We'll see. Maybe on the outskirts so No one will notice. LOL!!!!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Parking is always in order of arrival and mixed up Sunbeams. I have seen between 20 and 30 cars there since 2012 best showing outside of a United event. If you are headed in from other areas there's lots of good events in the area on Friday, Sat. http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html
Also not listed is a first of the month Sat. in Palos Verdes at Peninsula Center it got too big and too many goof balls leaving loudly next door to the high rent area so they don't advertise it anymore.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Just joking Warren. I always park next to Tigers. Their owners are usually pretty decent people. Let's people know what a "REAL" Sunbeam looks like. Agreed though, always a good turnout of Alpines and Tigers at Queens English. See you there.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Supercar Sunday at Pierce College is nearby and will be a early stop on my route ,its 12 minutes away from Woodley

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Had a great time at the show and a good turn out of Sunbeams.
RIMG0911-XL.jpg

And I got to meet Jay.
RIMG0914-XL.jpg

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
Jay and his man servant!!! LOL Jay is a very genuine guy! He bought my dad's friends Bugattis after he passed away

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Queens English Show is coming up soon. April 5th this year. This is a great way to show off your car and be amongst a bunch of fellow Sunbeam enthusiast's.
Give em a wash and a wax and come on out.
Past shows have been great, usually 20- 25 Tigers and Alpines. Lots of good information to be shared. Parts vendors usually are there with sometimes some pretty good deals or hard to find things.
I'll be there for sure. Woodley Park, Van Nuys, Ca. 9AM-4PM
info@queens-English.org Queens-English.org

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I will also be there, it's a fun show and is not judged so bring out your car in any condition.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I will also be there, it's a fun show and is not judged so bring out your car in any condition.
That reminds me of what happened at my first United.
A pillar of STOA came up and asked,"Why aren't you showing you're car, Don't you want to know what's wrong with it."
I had just paid more than I had for my 3.0 CSI BMW..... Although that was in 1984...
at a loss for something nice to say in return I said well I'm not into washing my car before I drive it home and get a bunch of bugs on it again I'm only here for the beer and to hang out.
Woodley is like that .... No points off and you don't have to put your fire extinguisher under your front wheel. I'm sure I would forget and drive away leaving it there :)

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
This is not a "show car" kind of a show. More like a very big Cars and Coffee, but only for British Cars. Any condition, any shape.
When restoring my car, I had been waiting for the first Queens English Show that I could bring it to. The year that it was ready, I sent in my registration, was all excited about showing it off for the first time. Had it's story board all ready to answer questions etc.
That morning, I got the cover off, extra little buff and polish. Started it up and backed to the end of the driveway, and the new clutch bearing exploded. ???
Anyway, I had paid for the space, darn it, I was going to show off my car, so loaded a chair and a TV Table, and my story board.
It's that kind of show. Just having a good time, looking at a lot of British Cars.
See ya there.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Should I plan on attending and meet some of you folks or would it be inappropriate for me to bring my car there?

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
It would be great if you made it, your car would fit in and I would love to see it. Even Jay's car had a motor swap.