• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Below Bumper Rear License Plate Bracket

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
The California Association of Tiger Owners makes just the part. It's part # B38 and is called a "Under rear bumper license plate and light holder". Unfortunately, you gotta join the club to buy the part. Membership is only $35 and the part is only $27. Not bad considering one part does it all.

I bought it and I'll post a picture of it when I get it.

Also, they pointed me in the direction of local people who will help with my conversion. Gotta love Southern California.
Where in Ca are you, I am in Bakersfield. Here's a great show, I go every year http://www.queens-english.org/

65beam

Donation Time
Bob: does the bottom of the plate ever bottom out when going over a bump?
Jim,
The tail pipe110_1097.JPG 110_1098.JPG 110_1096.JPG would hit first since my plate bottom is pretty much even with the bottom of the valance. Look at the third photo and you'll see where this bolts on. It replaces the original light holder. The two tabs are where the plate bolts to the unit so the top of the plate is up behind the bumper and out of the way. I'll install this in the next couple days after the paint sets up.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I got mine thru a friend in the Tiger Club.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 27

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Not to be a nit picker but I understand that the Calif. vehicle code requires a lic. plate to be 14" off the ground. This info. is from the STOA page and I suppose that most cops are too darn busy to pull anyone over anymore or you'd see at least one trailer going 70 mph pulled over. They seem to be cherry picking revenue seekers lying in wait at a stop sign or standing off the cycle in a congested walk shopping are waiting for you to fail to yield to a street crosser who puts on foot off the curb. Anyway There is a bracket that mounts to the same screws that hold the boot pull for those who do not want to drill the boot lid and risk additional cite when and if you get pulled over. Last time I got a wagging finger with a I saw that PA speaker blast... of course I removed my front plate after grounding it on a driveway but I really do the 2 beer maximum as well as 2 coffee cup max and no loud rock and roll as that encourages a heavy foot and no Cali. stops after that ...

Rockonp04 please try to make the Woodley Park British show between 15 to 25 Tigers and Alpines are there and there's almost always the why I remember when Tiger Leno story...

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Warren, not to be a nit picker, but would that be measured from the top of the license plate, or the bottom of the license plate? Or measured from somewhere in the middle? Just askin"...
Maybe the bottom.

Rockonp04

Donation Time
Not to be a nit picker but I understand that the Calif. vehicle code requires a lic. plate to be 14" off the ground. This info. is from the STOA page and I suppose that most cops are too darn busy to pull anyone over anymore or you'd see at least one trailer going 70 mph pulled over. They seem to be cherry picking revenue seekers lying in wait at a stop sign or standing off the cycle in a congested walk shopping are waiting for you to fail to yield to a street crosser who puts on foot off the curb. Anyway There is a bracket that mounts to the same screws that hold the boot pull for those who do not want to drill the boot lid and risk additional cite when and if you get pulled over. Last time I got a wagging finger with a I saw that PA speaker blast... of course I removed my front plate after grounding it on a driveway but I really do the 2 beer maximum as well as 2 coffee cup max and no loud rock and roll as that encourages a heavy foot and no Cali. stops after that ...

Rockonp04 please try to make the Woodley Park British show between 15 to 25 Tigers and Alpines are there and there's almost always the why I remember when Tiger Leno story...
I like the outlaw feeling. Johnny Law Bureaucrat is going to have to catch me first. Lol. Based on the link below, I think it's actually 12".

https://www.sunbeamtiger.org/index.php/17-articles/80-tiger-license-plates

When I install it, I'll measure it. But honestly, I think the fuzz is going to leave me alone. I won't be bringing too much attention to myself.